Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

probably asked all the time but...

• 19-08-2002 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

is there anyway of sending (via cable?) the signal from my digibox to another tv in the house, i dont want to switch channels or anything, just to watch.
    how do i go about doing this?

thanks

bomb:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

You can run a co-axial cable from the RF-Out socket on the back of your Digibox to your second TV - if it works well for you and you then want to be able to change channels from your 2nd TV you could buy a "Sky TV Link" for about UK £20 on www.ebay.co.uk or a similar product. Various wireless solutions exist also, but more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

cool, can wireless transmitters be used and if so what is the quality like? and how much are they?

bomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Argos have digsenders available. The quality is very good. They also have the advantage of sending a stereo signal (RF only outputs mono on the digital channel) also they act as receivers for the remotes so you can bring your digibox remote to the second tele and use it.

Following is from the UK web site, but the item is in the Irish catalogue too.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/commerce/command/ExecMacro/ols_prod_detl.d2w/report?prrfnbr=5351637&prmenbr=6970&type=big&thisMode=ols&cgrfnbr=74881

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Culchie Boy

Hi,
    if you want to watch sky in an other room You have 3 Options

(1) run a cable to your room from the digibox & buy a second sky remote and an Argos remote control extender costs around €50 then you can send the remote control command to the Digibox ,

(2) get a digisender from argos and a remote extender N.B some Digisenders also send the remote command and a sky remote control

(3) Get a second sky subsribtion.

I recommend option 1, I use it myself and it works great.

Regards Culchie Boy.

i like the look of that wireless jobby, looks handy and it oculd be used anywhere around the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Culchie Boy
    Hi,
    if you want to watch sky in an other room You have 3 Options

(1) run a cable to your room from the digibox & buy a second sky remote and an Argos remote control extender costs around €50 then you can send the remote control command to the Digibox ,

€50 sounds expensive for a remote extender

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Where can i buy a wireless sender system online? Peats are trying to rape me and Argos dont have online shopping in Ireland

know anywhere with decent prices?

Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Culchie Boy

Hi,
    the argos remote control extender cost apromitatly €42.89, there is two digisenders availble the prices are €125.99 and 159.99 all availble in argos.

Regars Culchie Boy.

yeah i saw that in argos, there are remote control xtenders built into the digisenders, but im looking for somewhere online as i wont make into town for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

Have a look on maplin.co.uk . I got one from them a few months ago, it cost (I think) about €89 - I bought this at their shop in Jervis St, Dublin; their website sells in Sterling, so probably £60-70 including postage. It is a different brand to the Argos one, but for all other intents, it is exactly the same.

It works perfectly - excellent picture, excellent sound, and like you say, mobile around the house. You can also feed two receivers (or more) from one transmitter - and it is usually cheaper to buy these together - you can usually get a one transmitter / two receiver set for less than buying the initial set and a seperate receiver later.

If you search under 'digisender', there are two or three informative threads here which are useful - detailing functionality, digisender vs cable, installation, prices, etc.

My own opinion - for the little bit more they cost, they deliver instant installation, no wiring or drilling holes, and complete mobility, and so I recommend them.

• Advertisement

I picked up the digsenders in Argos and they are fantastic, also picked up a manual scart switcher, just plug my Ps2, Video and digisender into it and press A, B or C and it sends the signal to the Tv, very sweet.
    Quality is excellent o the digisender and the remote control ability is a god send

Advertisement