Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Good Karma job

• 19-08-2002 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

im working as a tech monkey at the moment but i want to get away from working with computers as its EATING MY SOUL!
    Im looking for something creative, a good karma job lol:D ,
    i dont know what im even looking for to be honest, money isnt exremely important.
    i know this sounds crazy but i need to get away from all this crap, sorry if ive insulted anyone who works with comps but i need to something more rewarding.
    anyone got any ideas or leads or felt like this before??

thanks
    Bomb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by substr
    I understand where you're coming from, I heard computer programmers have the highest suicide rate in the world

really? damn, better look after meself.

bombidol, i don't think anyone could suggest something. what do you do in your life as a hobby/interested that you find rewarding at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i have plenty of stuff that i do afterwork but its those 8 hours a day dealing with technology that leave me feeling a bit dodgey, i need a fufilling job i reckon, and i dont think running around a building fixing Computers.

yeah. i was kinda going somewhere with the question.

what do you find rewarding yourself, that you do afterwork that you could perhaps turn into a full time job ..?

TBH a lot of the stuff i do couldnt be turned into a full time job, not in ireland anyway, im in a band and i do work for a wrestling promotion but we only put shows on every 3 months so theres not enough work there. I could probably try and get work as a sound engineer but ive done that and the Hours are CRAZY, so i dont fancy working from 10 in the morning till 3 in the morning every night, and the money situation isnt fantastic, you only get paid when there is a band in so if the studio isnt booked for 2 weeks you dont get paid.:( Im a very creative person so id rather do something where i can be myself.
    Im 21 and i think im having a midlife crisis!:D

not in ireland anyway

then move. follow a dream. your 21. go for it.

I really wouldn't anything about those areas, but I know if you put your mind to it, and you want it badly enough you could make a very lucrative career out of what you love.

• Advertisement

Unfortunatly, a severe lack of funds and a GF puts a halt on moving, the only place i could find work in those areas would be the states and thats a long waiting list and youre not gauranteed a place. you know yourself, i would love to stay here for a while and get this wrestling company up and running because this is a virgin territory and we could do well here.
    But my biggest problem is my job at the moment, im dying to get out of this sector, its not extremely hard work or anything, but its not satisfying, ive checked every job site i can and theres nothing, i was debating going part time again for a while so i could have more time to work on my music but i would have to be a good enjoyable job.

it sounds like if you put your mind to it, and you wanted to do it badly enough I think you could definitely make a go of it.

if your wrestling company could do well over here, then why not work extra hard for the next month or two at your current job, make as much money as possible. quit. and then start your wrestling company full time?

make sure you prepare a full business plan before you quit though. it will give you direction, and who knows what investors you might be able to get on board with it.

if you're really passionate about something it is extraordinary how far you can go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmmmmm.....

a job you love doing.
    a job that pays you far too much money.
    and only requires 2 hours work a day.
    perhaps youd like a busty blonde secretary to fulfill all your teen fantasies while we are dreaming....?

moon on a stick.....

either go for a job you want, or a job you get paid well for,
    or try to carve your own way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Eamo,

yer box is full, will ye clean it out please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

done

• Advertisement
Advertisement