Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duff stays at Rovers!

• 19-08-2002 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭

A victory for the little man?

Duff stays

Personally i think its good for football in general, to have many clubs with good players, than all the good plyers bankrolled by the few at the top.

It makes for a better spectacle too, as the league is more competitive when a club with a bigger checkbook cannot just roll in, unsettle the plyer with a few newspaper leaks, and then just buy 'em.

Fair play to Duffer, you showed a bit of character in choosing to stay!

X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Im a huge fan of man utd and would have loved to see him there,but i admire him for staying ,loyalty in football is a rare thing nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bugger! I always said the lad lacked ambition... ;)

(on the qt, I'm quite impressed he's willing to stick with a mid-field
    side, just wait a year or two though!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'm glad that Duff is staying at Blackburn. I think a year or two more there will do him good. If he moved to United he would probably be playing 2nd fiddle to Ryan Giggs for a year or two and well Liverpool has been a bit of a graveyard in recent years for Irish players.

Also I think Blackburn are going to have a good season this year. They have 2 strikers that already have a understanding and well the midfield they have is one of the best young midfields in the Premiership. These guys are going to shock a few big teams this year (please not Arsenal, please not Arsenal :)).

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Someone answer me this...

Blackburn want 20 millon for Duffer...

So they give him a phat new contract, and £30 grand a week. Good stuff. But they <according to the sun, so pinch of salt mode> put a 12 million get out clause in the contract. So anyone offering 12 million gets to speak to him.

That makes no sense, now Liverpool/Man Ywe can get him for £12 million.....!

Or is it just me....

Gand : Agreed about Blackburn, they are deffo on my list of teams to catch whenever I can when they are in London. Cant wait to see them play West Ham, the best two young Midfields and worst two defences ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

If the above is true i guess Blackburn wouldn't say no to Duff leaving if he wanted to and the offer was over £12mil. This just means that Duff wanted to stay at Blackburn for the moment which we all already knew.

It means Blackburn wont say no to him leaving in the future if he wants to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement