Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can the walls do it?

Options
  • 19-08-2002 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

now i'm a fan of the walls n all but can they get a big enuff crowd into the ambassador??

they've got a headline show there according to ticketmaster.ie...

so do ya reckon they can pull a big enuff crowd??

i dont think so...

in other news why does ticketmaster.ie have a 'metal' section if it lists metal gigs in 'rock & pop'???

cheers,

kurdt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

probably with the success of 'to the bright and shining sun' they can pull a big enough crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

even with that success...i dunno...i reckon it'll be tuff for em....but fingers crossed for em!!!!!!!!

now i see turn are set to play a headliner in the ambassador as well....judging by the response they get in TBMC, i'd say they'd get more into the ambassador than the walls would...i wonder how well that'd go...

i know this though...it wont be as good as they are in the TBMC...dont like the ambassador...in fact theres not all that much thats good about it...and why must bouncers throw ppl out for jumping up and down....i kid you not...jumping up and minding yer own business, not jumping into ppl or nothing....next thing yer out on yer ear....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ooh when are turn playing?

i dont really like the walls, and i cant see them selling out the ambassador when then cant even fill music city in rathmines

but i suppose, neither did turn!

i think theres a bit of a difference between an instore and an actual gig rosemary!!!!

its in november if its anytime...ollie said there was nothing set but they wanted to do the ambassador (from turns msg brd)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

go back to their message board and ask them to play vicar street instead....gowaaaaaaan

i would but anytime i go to another msg brd on this computer (me work puter), it crashes....i think my puter have been infected with the jealousy bug...only one msg brd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the fuz

i cant see them selling the ambassador out, especially at 20 squid a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Originally posted by Kurdt [/i

i know this though...it wont be as good as they are in the TBMC...dont like the ambassador...in fact theres not all that much thats good about it...and why must bouncers throw ppl out for jumping up and down....i kid you not...jumping up and minding yer own business, not jumping into ppl or nothing....next thing yer out on yer ear.... [/B]

I think your right there mate,I really despise the Ambassador.
    I know this might sound strange,but I avoid the place like the plague (unless it's someone that I really really want to see).Been there once,guys behind the bar were assholes,"security" if you can call them that, were assholes.It's crap like that that put a dampner on a possibly good night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

I dont think they will be able to pull it off!

The reception they got at the RHCP's gig was smelly

Even though keeping in mind that the crowd was smelly as well

i still think that they wont get a great response-I could be
    wrong!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Smelly? I'm glad I didn't go.......

I can't see the Walls filling the Ambassador, but I would like it to happen.

They played in Navan before Christmas, its usually a pretty packed pub but the Walls actually managed to ...er.....empty it....sorry.

The crowd at Slane were the smelliest yet. And the stroppiest. And pyromaniacs to a man as well. Grrrrr.

(Please do not be alarmed. I did not rush out and purchase a Slane ticket, a kind benefactor dropped a VIP pass through my letterbox Saturday morning....but I didn't go into the VIP section in case I met the Revs.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Lunar superstar

lads lads lads
    of course they can fill ive seen em fill vicar st whealans and various other venues and the last gig in mono the q's where out the door through the bar etc etc with the sucess of ttbass its a sure thing also not to mention there stunning connections and the fact that they still belt out afew of the old tunes be there or be a square!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

i think the walls before(the stunning) were class, just came to hear them a few weeks ago and there album Milking the Hits rocks, also with the one single they broughtt it was the right choice as iuts a brilliant song, theyll fill it..:)

Originally posted by Lunar superstar
    lads lads lads
    of course they can fill ive seen em fill vicar st whealans and various other venues and the last gig in mono the q's where out the door through the bar etc etc with the sucess of ttbass its a sure thing also not to mention there stunning connections and the fact that they still belt out afew of the old tunes be there or be a square!!

yeah whelans and vicar st and mono aint got the same capacity as the ambassador...and the tickets for that mono gig werent 20 quid neither...i hope they can fill it, but i really cant see em doing it!!

prove me wrong walls! prove me wrong!

dont worry kurdt they will!:cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 walls_fan

No problem to them - huge interest in this gig. See you all there!!!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The Walls will be in studio with Alison on Tuesday's Heavy Traffic between 4 and 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The Wasp

What difference does it make whether they fill it or not? A venue doesn't have to be stuffed to make a good gig . I've seen some amazing gigs in half empty venues where the band gave it everything to the few who bothered to come. It's not about stuffing venues - it's about being good.

Anyway, I think they'll do a good crowd and I also think Hi-Rise will attract a few as well.

i know its not about filling the venues...i was just wondering if people would...personally i'd prefer to see em a smaller place...which is why i'll prob go see em in the spirit store in a few weeks...

also i've been to my fair share of half empty gigs and i can say that some of them have been some of the best gigs i've ever been to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Personally, i think they are completely mediocre... and that song from the ad is pretty damn rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

I know that Mono is a 'small' venue but there was a queue all the way out the door. Anybody who doesn't turn up on Saturday night will miss the potential 'gig of the year'. Catch them live before you form an opinion on them!! :D

They even have 2 support acts - what a night!!!!!! :D

who gives a **** if the world gets free tix's since when does money make a good gig ??? they are a great band with talent anyone with a brain would realise that money cant buy talent

Ah yes, too good to be true... Free tickets for The Walls - looks like MCD have made a bit of a cock-up and tickets are selling well.

E-Mail from MCD today:

Hello There,

A little bit of bad news...our server went a bit crazy when we were sending a random winners mail out for The Walls show in the Ambasssador on Saturday night. The result being that it went to too many people , too many times . (a special apology to Frank who got the e mail 23 times!!! ).

I have run out of Walls tickets.!!!

I have given out all my guest allocation and I can't get my hands on any more. The tickets were giving out on a first come , first served basis so sorry that I ran out before I got to you.

I will be sending out tickets for another show to all of you who I have had to turn down for Walls tickets. This will be done tomorrow evening once we get the glitches in our server sorted.

Once again my apologies to you all. There are still a few tickets available from Ticketmaster if you wish to buy some.

Be in touch soon

All the best

Noel

Can the walls do it??THE WALLS DID IT!!!!! Ambassador was packed up and downstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by walls_fan
    Can the walls do it??THE WALLS DID IT!!!!! Ambassador was packed up and downstairs.
    Free tickets are great aren't they?

F*** the begrudgers!!!!!!!!!!

Many punters who believed they had the 'free MCD tickets' were contacted and offered Ed Byrne tickets instead i.e. they didn't get free tickets!

daveirl, where are you from?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by daveirl
    Walls are playing a place down here next week and you'd be doing well to fit 20 people in there. They still won't sell many!

OK, where are they playing in Cork next week????

Advertisement