Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can the walls do it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Martin

I was there myself last night. And it was packed.

But I bumped into a few friends, and they said that they were they because they got free tickets on mcd.ie.

Apparently 500 were given out! So the Walls needed a helping hand in the end. But their performance was solid. All was good!

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Strummer

I think that figure is a myth. I'm on the MCD Mailing List and got no free tickets (or no offers). Was a paying punter on Saturday night and have to say I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I was one of the lucky one's who was on the guest list courtesy of MCD and the list looked big.....it ran to about 5 pages.
    The gig itself wasn't anything special. The atmosphere was crap until they played 'that single'. The crowd went crazy when they played brewing up a storm as their finale. That was excellent......

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

I agree with pugwall - I too was there cos of free tickets from MCD and the guest list looked enormous.

As for the gig - I enjoyed doctor millar, thought hi-rise were a substandard version of 'republica', and the walls...... look I bought that single like everyone else.... but my god that set was sooooooooooo bland, it left me totally cold. The atmosphere was also non existant.

I had to leave before the end though (silly girlfriend drank too much) but I doubt I missed much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Lunar superstar

i have been informed there was only 200 on the guest list the rest were paying customers ha ha

Advertisement