Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Famous Dead, Aug 22nd

Options
  • 19-08-2002 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

More Famous Dead play Isacc Butt this Thursday, 22nd of August.
    Also, introducing Sector 7G. Doors 8.30pm, Adm 6 euro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

more famous dead eh???

i do reckon a lecturer from dundalk plays the bass!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

and i know the guitarists brother (or is it singer) mr. ruigrock.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Critique

hmm. yes and.......yes. Very astute lads. If not a little scary!

ha ha...

i'm a student in dundalk and the bass player was a lecturer of mine....and then i was in seeing another band...and more famous dead came on afterwards (twas that horrible day ireland went out to spain in the world cup)....and i just noticed my lecturer kickin it on the ole bass....impressive!!!!

hope yis have a good night!!! best a luck...wont be around for the weekend though...ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i think i shall try and get to this one so r u mr. ruigrock then or someone else???????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Originally posted by johnnynolegs
    i think i shall try and get to this one so r u mr. ruigrock then or someone else???????????

I'M SOMEONE ELSE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by GerK

I'M SOMEONE ELSE!!!!

Hes RIGHT!! SOMEONE ELSE!!! SOEONE ELSE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

no stealing my crowd!
    i was here plugging my gig first!
    these ppl are coming to my gig MY GIG!!!!!
    uh oh.... this probably isn't the way to encourage ppl to come...

LAYNE STALEY TRIBUTE GIG
    THURSDAY 22ND AUGUST IN THE TBMC!

(it'll be better than the other one i promise)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

well the cheek. :) Seph, pluggin another gig when they went to the trouble of creating their own thread!!!

tut, tut, shame on you!

and for that I'll weigh in on the side of the not yet dead, more famous dead bunch! :) I mean, as much as I like alice in chains it will be mere puppetry, nay, a masquerade in fact.

I'm going to the new boys before one of them pops their clogs. (wonder if there'd be any tributes??)

Mr. Rurock, NuRock, noRock :-) , and that lecturer, maybe even a professor, who knows. ;) have to find out about the rest of the band now. any dirt? how many of them is there?

anyone knowing anything on the rest of the band post it here -->

Laters,
    EL Loco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

for a start, i was taking the piss with my plug, calm down.

secondly, while i can appreciate you might not like the idea of the tribute gig, i'll thank you to not dismiss it as mere puppetry. me and alot of other people put ALOT of hard work into this and i dont think its fair for you to put it down like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

aww baby, I'm sorry, I too was merely taking the piss. I@m sure there's enough punters to go 'round.

hope you've a successful evening.

Kisses,
    EL Loco.

so...i just been on www.entertainment.ie and you guys are apparently playing two gigs on thursday....

isaac butts....

and Da2....

so which is it?

or are yis gonna manage to do both?

yeah, sorry about that. We are playing in the Isaac Butt for definite. The Da2
    gig is part of the garage gigs band comp. Our heat night was changed but the
    ads clearly weren't. That night has been moved to Sept 19th where, as far as I
    know so far we play with Agent Orange anongst others in the Da2. Again, sorry bout
    confusion. More Famous Dead. Isaac Butt. This Thursday. Tomorrow that is. Nice one.
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Please dont tell me im the only person who see's the irony of a more famous people dead AND a layne staley tribute gig on the same night.......

Only that one is a tribute band and the other isn't. But yeah,
    I see what you mean! Are Otranome playing tonight too?

Advertisement