Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have their hands on an o2 XDA?

Options
  • 19-08-2002 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

As the subject implies. I am tempted but would like to hear some experiences first?

.cg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

I was playing with one the other day...
    Didn't get much time though I did do a bit of surfing the net on it, no phone calls though so I can't comment on that. The colours on it are great, web sites mostly come up nicely. Beyond that I can't really say much more.
    I think the price in the shops is a bit steep though:)
    But, if you have the 6/700 odd euros to waste, go for it, it's a gadget more than anything I think:)

C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

had a quick go on it, but went away happy with my seperates (PDA connecting over bluetooth to the mobile handset)

if you get one, the top 2 accessories you will need are:

A decent sized SD card, the onboard 32MB is half of the current PocketPC offerings (64MB). Try and get someone travelling to Aisa to pick you up one. They cost about double the price on the street in Ireland (and not much better online from the UK).

An emergency power supply, pop a Instant-Power Zinc-Air cell (iPAQ connection will work) into your bag/case to have on hand while out and about. They have saved me a few times by powering back my PDA and Phone while on the move.
    http://www.instant-power.com

HTH,
    Brian G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 darawalsh

yeah I'm interested in the XDA also... very tempted, but a bit cautious because the price is quite high, but again cheaper than buying a pda and new gprs phone with bluetooth connection, unless anyone can reccomend a good option. I like the look of the toshiba e310 plus bluetooth.

I think though Xda is handiest all in one, also like the idea of the speakerphone.

I'm in Cavan, and the o2 signal isn't bad generally. I'm a bit of a newbie to GPRS, if the regular gsm signal is grand, will the gprs signal be the grand also, or do they operate independantly? could you get a bad gprs and good gsm?

I'm v. tempted to get one.....

Dara

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Originally posted by darawalsh

I'm in Cavan, and the o2 signal isn't bad generally. I'm a bit of a newbie to GPRS, if the regular gsm signal is grand, will the gprs signal be the grand also, or do they operate independantly? could you get a bad gprs and good gsm?
    Yeah, you could have full GSM reception and GPRS might not even connect. GPRS operates as a layer on top of GSM, so it depends if you have a GPRS access point near you or not.
    You should get a lend of a GPRS enabled phone from a friend if possible and test it first.

C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 darawalsh

interesting....hmmm. good point, I'll see if i can get my hands on one and test the signal.

have since also talked to an agent selling the xda here, he has two guys out testing them in the area over the next few days, so I'll be ringing him after the weekend to see how they got on.

cheers

Dara

• Advertisement
Advertisement