Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We just got a Cease and Desist order from Eircom :)

2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

As for RIPE ips (ips given to big ISPs and Telcos etc) we keep a track of them and I'm well aware of who is browsing from various Telcos and interested parties. You'd be amazed the users from those companies/regulatory bodies :)

They watch us watching them :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Isn't a certain bubbly character an employee of eircom? very suspicious ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by DeVore
    It's all very "Enemy of the State" like ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by nahdoic
    It's all very "Enemy of the State" like ...

Ah but we're watching them watching us watching them.

Of course if they're reading this thread they're aware of that and will start watching themselves while watching us watching them watching us watching them.

Damn my head hurts. No more Yes Prime Minister for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

DeV.

Hmmm... then who watches the watchers of the watchers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Originally posted by sceptre

Damn my head hurts. No more Yes Prime Minister for me.

My head hurts too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Have Vodafone gotten on to u about their little , symbol being wantonly used??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

As for RIPE ips (ips given to big ISPs and Telcos etc) we keep a track of them and I'm well aware of who is browsing from various Telcos and interested parties.

Who said RIPE? I never said RIPE... never mentioned RIPE once! Not a mention of RIPE passed my lips... oh no, ... didn't even leave my cerebral cortex that ...'RIPE'... word... RIPE RIPE RIPE RIPE RIPE... tumteetumteetum... oh gawd no, I never even insinuated that it was someone in eircom responsible for the DoS attacks... never ever ever ever ever... hell no...

RIPE, eh? Perish the thought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

I doubt they will. Boards.ie is non-profit, isn't using the ad to harm Vodafone in any way, and is making no money from the ad. As DeV said in another thread (hey that rhymes!), all they can take is boards.ie, which would be of fúck all use to them.

Besides, you should see some of the stuff the guys in the art dept. make and send around :D (I work in Vodafone btw, and made that banner :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Hmmmmmm starts the A-team music

a group of posters wrongly convicted of slander they didnt commit now they are on the run dum dee dumm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Seamus im not sure weather you meant it or not but your last post shows what **** eircon are(everyone knows anyway).

although a pacifist I would propose a bombing campaign against eircon.Im sure cessnas will take out telecoms masts easily.so who wants to get some seats on the next aer-aran flight. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

for some reason i can see going out in the middle of the night and using a saw to cut down the wooden telephone masts a better option. If ya get them to fall onto the local exchange ... it would be a double bonus as then might (just might) rebuild the exchange with DSL capabilities....

ill shut up now.

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

Leaving that aside, I DARE y'all to use Mickey Mouse in a banner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by sceptre

Leaving that aside, I DARE y'all to use Mickey Mouse in a banner.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

www.errorcom.com

go go gadget attack lawyers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

if that simple little banner ad made such a ruffle of feathers i don't want to imagine what they are going to try to do to get that site down.

Originally posted by nahdoic
    if that simple little banner ad made such a ruffle of feathers i don't want to imagine what they are going to try to do to get that site down.

Hosted on a Dallas server, domain registered to a NY address, makes no explicit reference to Eircom and doesn't directly use any logo or even "catchphrase" (Eircom must have been reading judicial reviews of cases brought by Quinnsworth against Dunnes but imho misread the application of the decision) used by our local monolithic monopoly.

So hopefully
    Caped Crusader and trusted sidekick: 1
    Unnamed former Irish state monopoly: 0

Nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by Kraken
    a group of posters wrongly convicted of slander they didnt commit now they are on the run dum dee dumm
    Bard? Wrongfully?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by JustHalf
    Bard? Wrongfully?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

no jury will convict yeh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by irishbyte
    ROFL at Errorcom site . Tis a laff! :D

thats the old one

www.errorcom.com is the new one

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Originally posted by Phreak

lol, shinji in the sun. he'll be famous after this is finished.

Aye, page 3 aswell :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'm sure freddie (mercury) would be much happier with boards.ie stealing it than eircom.

esp. with the japes him and shinj could could get up to ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

guess they wont like what the wee ones are doing here then :

convict_logo.jpg

Advertisement