Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what i've noticed

• 20-08-2002 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Ok as far as I can see (and I’m not being cruel here) that most of these posts are from people who have done one of the following

1.fallen love with their best friend
    2.have a medical condition and unsure how to deal with it
    3.are suffering heart break from a relationship
    And to a lesser extent
    4.some sex related question.

Ok I’m not going to say don’t post that (it's not my place and I’m not like that anyway) but I just want to say a thing or two that I’ve learned over the years from trying to help people and their problems

There are some things you HAVE to do for yourself. It’s part of growing up. Although some advice and some moral support are always very welcome and sometimes needed. But part of growing up and developing as a person is taking your balls in your hands and take a chance. Who knows it might end up for the better. If not then you (more than likely) have learned something.

I think this forum is a brilliant idea and that it provides a place for people with problems to be anonymous and seek some form of advice from their peers. It’s something that is sadly missing in life. I have found that more than anything else, someone with a problem just wants to talk to someone that wont ridicule them. Someone they feel comfortable with. Sadly people like this are rare.

People learn from their mistakes, and become a better person from them. I know than when a relationship ends it IS painful. But that's life. Eventually the pain will dull with time.

Now I’m not saying don’t post herein say post away :) it's a very good service (and hats off o the mods Fio, Gordon and Sheron, you do a wonderful job)

What I’m trying to say is:
    If you are worried about your health, go to a doctor. That’s what they are there for.

If you just broke with a partner, make sure you have some good friends to fall back on, that will bring you out and make sure you are all right. It’s good to feel like you have a friend that cares about you

If you have feelings for one of your best friends...I don’t know what to say. I have very strong feelings for one of my best friends for AGES. I never did anything :( and I do feel some regret over it. Don’t end up like I did. Do something so you wont regret not making a move.

Well there's my 2c hope you can get something from it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i think the nicest thing about this forum is having a problem and people being able share their experience about it with u. its horrible feeling like ur the only one going through something, and its such a relief to know that people out there have gone through what u have, and can talk about it with u, or give u advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Ruaidhri
    Ok as far as I can see (and I’m not being cruel here) that most of these posts are from people who have done one of the following

1.fallen love with their best friend
    2.have a medical condition and unsure how to deal with it
    3.are suffering heart break from a relationship
    And to a lesser extent
    4.some sex related question.

Ok I’m not going to say don’t post that (it's not my place and I’m not like that anyway) but I just want to say a thing or two that I’ve learned over the years from trying to help people and their problems

There are some things you HAVE to do for yourself. It’s part of growing up. Although some advice and some moral support are always very welcome and sometimes needed. But part of growing up and developing as a person is taking your balls in your hands and take a chance. Who knows it might end up for the better. If not then you (more than likely) have learned something.

I think this forum is a brilliant idea and that it provides a place for people with problems to be anonymous and seek some form of advice from their peers. It’s something that is sadly missing in life. I have found that more than anything else, someone with a problem just wants to talk to someone that wont ridicule them. Someone they feel comfortable with. Sadly people like this are rare.

People learn from their mistakes, and become a better person from them. I know than when a relationship ends it IS painful. But that's life. Eventually the pain will dull with time.

Now I’m not saying don’t post herein say post away :) it's a very good service (and hats off o the mods Fio, Gordon and Sheron, you do a wonderful job)

What I’m trying to say is:
    If you are worried about your health, go to a doctor. That’s what they are there for.

If you just broke with a partner, make sure you have some good friends to fall back on, that will bring you out and make sure you are all right. It’s good to feel like you have a friend that cares about you

If you have feelings for one of your best friends...I don’t know what to say. I have very strong feelings for one of my best friends for AGES. I never did anything :( and I do feel some regret over it. Don’t end up like I did. Do something so you wont regret not making a move.

Well there's my 2c hope you can get something from it

i think you should see a doctor about that.

by the way, as woody allen once said, dont know masturbation, its sex with someone you love....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

^ what thedrowner said.

Advertisement