Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T68 questions

Options
  • 20-08-2002 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Got my hands on a nice shiny T68 & have some questions for you!

I found some nice conversion info on the Sony Ericsson website.

Wondering has anyone upgraded it here in Ireland (particularly Esat/O2 people).

- Where did you get it converted?

- How long did it take?

- Were you charged?

Also looking for any cool bg pics you have, a lot of the ones available on the web are pretty crap (nice looking but low contrast).

More questions as I think of them:

How many SMSs it can be stored on the phone?

Have you used GPRS with O2 (to what end)?

Cheers,
    Al.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

updating it to the t68i will add mms capability - when ever it gets introduced that is.

for good pics: esato.com

cost/time i don't know
    ask kayos tho

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by MiCr0
    updating it to the t68i will add mms capability - when ever it gets introduced that is.

Yeah, I like some of the other stuff too. Want to convert asap.

for good pics: esato.com

Yeah, got this one already (cheers Kealan).

cost/time i don't know
    ask kayos tho

Kealan? :)

Cheers,
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

try contactign fonefix.ie (sigma telecom)

had my Ericsson R520m flashed and updated by them a few months ago, free post by SDS (at your local post office) and as the phone was under (its 1 year) warranty it dodn't cost anything

i emailed their service e-mail address first (asking for it to be frowarded to their Ericsson support) to confirm they would do it:
    service AT sigma DOT ie

about the phone:

I love the T68i, bluetooth stable, screen not bad, i've rediscovered battel ships (navel fleet) - just have to find someone to challange to a match!!

Got the Communicam Attachement for it and the pictures aren't half bad, attached is that amazing Sand Sculpture that was in Dublin Castle at the weekend, taken by the T86i + Communicam MCA 20. Found the picture quailty is better than with the Nokia 7650 (at highest quality), but the Nokia is lightning fast for taking pictures compare to the T68i + Communicam.

HTH,
    Brian

t68i6_20020818.jpg

Advertisement