Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cosas útiles (useful things)

Options
  • 20-08-2002 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Anyone else learning Spanish? I started this year and found these sites helpful (especially the dictionary for when I'm sneakily doing my homework at work). Feel free to add any others along these lines you may know of...

Study Spanish
    Dictionary
    BBC Languages

Hasta luego...

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

ahhh, perhaps I should have read this before I posted the other thread, losiento. So, is this your first year learning spanish then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

It is. I'm hoping to spend a bit of time in Spain later in year, as I think it's the fastest way to learn. ?Y tú?

yes, the best way to learn is to surround yourself with it. I grew up with it, mi padre soy de puerto rico. ;)

A couple more I've used...

Spanish Lesson
    Cela Spanish School
    Lingolex - accents
    and one of my favourites...
    Lingolex Spanish

Originally posted by BEAT
    mi padre soy de puerto rico.

Do you mean 'mi padre es de Puerto Rico'?

Sorry, just nitpicking... :)

• Advertisement

well, actually if you were using proper "spanish" then yes you would be correct. However, in Spain they do use a different form than say the rest of latin america does. Puerto Ricans do not use text book formal "spanish" which is why i had problems when I took spanish in school. You will find many differences when taking the spanish you learn in school to other parts of the world, infact my family would laugh sometimes with the things I would bring home that I learned in class. You can tell who has learned to speak Spanish in school and who was brought up with it ;)
    They would like you to believe that thier way is the only way, or the best way, a good example would be the english language. In europe the english language more formal than say in America.
    ;)

Ok, cool. It's just that I was reading 'soy' in the 'I am' context so it didn't make sense to me. I haven't looked into South American variations that much yet, I'm limited to 'proper' Spanish for the time being. Cheers for clearing that up. :)

Advertisement