Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Future Superhero movies

• 20-08-2002 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

here a list of the superhero movies planned for release over the next 2yrs.
    i think they are all from Marvel comics.
    not sure, correct me if i'm wrong.
    there is a few i wouldn't mind watching but some of them i don't think will work on the big screen.

click here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Daredevil looks the best there, I think that there was a film with him in it b4, AFAIK it was one of the incredible hulk films from years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

There are plenty of DC films coming out including Batman: Year One, Superman 5 and Batman Vs Superman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Im coming around to the idea of liking the Davedevil movie, the trailer is growing on me. The Hulk should be great, Ang Lee (Crouching Tiger) is directing that, and he hasnt made a bad movie yet. The one im really looking forward to is X Men 2. And that Hellboy movie thats been promised for years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I saw the Punisher on that list.
    Dideht they already make that movie with Dolpf Lungrun?
    A sequal or remake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

After watching the trailer for the Daredevil movie, I dont think Ill be holding my breath for it to be realised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Any one see the in the new dare devil film Wilson Fisk (the King Pin) Is the black guy from the Green Mile? Did they read the comic or see the cartoon. Could they not get a big white guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by artvandelay
    Any one see the in the new dare devil film Wilson Fisk (the King Pin) Is the black guy from the Green Mile? Did they read the comic or see the cartoon. Could they not get a big white guy?
    the guys name is Michael Clarke Duncan. the is fu<king huge. i doubt it they could get an actor as big as him. Wilson Fisk is a big bald white guy. Duncan is a big bald black guy.
    two out of three isn't bad :)
    it would look much better if there was a white filling the roll. when the movie is released expect loads of people going mad about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

They could of got Marvin Brando or Jesse Ventura :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Well, doesn't X-Men 2 look cool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Aparently, the script for Superman 5 is so good, Warner Bros. are trying despretly to get a team together and make it asap.

They're now looking for a replacement for the director McG (Charlies Angels) who was attached to the project - he's curently working on Charlies Angels 2 and WB dont want to wait.

...partly as a result of the quality of the Superman 5 script, and partly because director Wolfgang Peterson (Das Boot) is busy making 'Troy' atm, Batman vs Superman has been put on the back-burner.

...never really liked the idea of McG being in charge of Superman. This all sounds very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

rightey oh,
    when i was at the cinema there a few weeks to see spiderman back i saw an oh so brief preview of the hulk and it looks pretty cool. and ang lee is directing, so thats good.

as for daredevil, it looks set to be bigger than spiderman, ben affleck who is a fan of the comic itself is DD and that irish bucko colin farrel is the archer dude, cant think of the superhero name....
    elektra asassin is played by the bird thats the main character in that sky 1 pos "Alias", terrible miscasting imo, shes just not right for the part....

and artvandelay, im not sure about Jesse Ventura but its Marlin Brando and i think hes wayyy to old for the part, im sure they wanted someone who could actually fight DD

hellboy has been in the mix for a lonnnng time now and theres rumours that itll be amazing.

tbh, i didnt think that iron fist had a big enough following to be made into a film.... but it was always a good character in FF.

speaking of fantastic four, wasnt there a film made? im sure i remember seeing a preview or something... probably was so bad that it went straight to video and never made it to ireland... pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by dysfunct
    speaking of fantastic four, wasnt there a film made? im sure i remember seeing a preview or something... probably was so bad that it went straight to video and never made it to ireland... pity.

There was one made in 1994 but it was never released as a big budget version was announced. It's gettable on the Net or auction sites. Wouldn't bother.

Big budget version is out in 2004. Peyton Reed (whose directing highlight unfortunately seems to be the pretty bad "Bring it On" ("Bring it" "We will" - crap) is down to direct, Chris Columbus did the story outline. Tim Pyle is doing the "pre-visualisation animating" (CGI idea man - what he's done so far isn't so bad). And that's pretty much all anyone knows. Stan Lee is involved though, if that's any good.

Advertisement