Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The IWW Video Situation.

Options
  • 20-08-2002 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Well,since nobody replied to my post asking was the vid out,i decided i would just go into town and look for it anyway,so off i head into forbidden planet,i quickly notice the video section and decide to look for it myself since the guy behind the counter seems to be more interested in his phone call than anything else.after searching for a few minutes i find the Wrestling section of the videos,(i say section,when what i mean is three videos,one of which someone recorded at home and drew a wwf cover for),but the iww vid aint there.so i go over and ask the guy behind the counter.he manages to pull himself away from the phone.
    Me:Hi,eh,do you have the IWW video in?

F-P guy:(accompanied with a blank look)The Wha?

Me:The Irish wrestling video.

F-P guy:(He looks at me as if i had just dropped out of a dogs arse)........no.

(He does this to me despite the fact that there is an IWW t-shirt right beside him,)

So i think to myself,"ah,he probably doesn't know wrestling,so i go downstairs and ask the guy on the other counter,who gives me the exact same ****ing ****!What a bunch of uptight bastards for people who sell comics and toys all day long.So whats the moral of this story?Well,there is none,since i am going to have to go back in there again later in the week to get the bloody video!but,if you go in and they give ou the same deal they gave me,you grab that iww t-shirt off the shevle and beat them around the head with it,and tell them Slane will be back to finish the job later in the week!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

that story sounds very familiar and the odd thing is that you might be forgiven for believing that fp would carry a decent line on wrestling vids seing as they specialize in cult type stuff

but i am guessing that templecom (just a few doors down from fp) will carry the iww vid (if it ever gets released) and the staff are very friendly and helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ok heres the word..
    The Video is available through the site or by phone, check the iww site for numbers, the vid Will be available in Forbidden Planet and TempleCom this week we are just getting more covers printed. So if you want one that badly go to the irishwhip site for the details, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Rochie

I feel your pain lads,lol. FP haven't got the best rep in town for Customer service, I think you have a better chance of getting a job in there if your rude and have a 5 word vocal range. No offence Dan, your the exception.

If you guys want Vids that bad, I'll meet up with UZ in town the weekend? FP didn't want to sell the IwW tickets, as a result it has caused a delay in them taking the video from us. Stupid, I know (Esp when they sell the T-Shirts and programmes). But the video is available as of now.

If you need any futher help e-mail irishwhip@eircom.net

well i for one am quite eager to get a copy - what about templecom? - im sure they would be more obliging and it means that people could just drop in there at their convienience to pick up a copy

ok people as of this moment there are videos available from Forbidden Planet and vids will be available from templecom from Sunday 25th(tomorrow) get them quick as they only have limited supply, tickets for the next show are also available in templecom:)

• Advertisement

went into Templecom and saw no video - went upto the counter and asked if had arrived and was met with a blank stare and a 'whats iww?' - explaines and was told that while they were sellimg tickets to the show they knew nothing about the video- thank you for wasting my sunday afternoon!

there was a mix up with the tapes, sorry bout all the hassle but i assure you they are there now. we were told when we went in that someone had just been in there looking for the video, so it could ahve been you.
    the guy we have been dealing with was away on holiday and hes back tomorrow and he hadent told anyone that the video was there so again, sorry.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Slane

ARGH!No!The same happened to me,i went into town,went into templecom and asked for the video,but i was greeted with a no sorry we dont have that.to which i replied,but it says on the internet that they should be out now(touche).then he says that he has the tickets but the vid aint in yet.And the worst thing is,it was probably me he was talking about!if only i had gone back later!Why god,why do you mock me so!!!!!

Advertisement