Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good sound card for recording?

• 20-08-2002 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

i want to use my pc to record my music and all i have is a crappy intel soundcard that i'm thinking i'll need to replace. the software i'm planning on using will be nothing to fancy, either cheap or free, and im planning on recording guitars, keyboards, violins, vocals, and maybe drums but will probably end having to use samples, any ideas??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I've got a soundcard by "Live" (I think) at home, its a damn good one too. Maybe one of their soundcards could be of some use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

yeah they're usually usually cheap-ish? might be the obvious choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JayZuZ

Depends on your price range and how many sources you want to record simultaneously. You may also want midi i/o. Anyway check out www.echoaudio.com, www.terratec.com or www.m-audio.com and choose a card that suits you best. You cant go wrong with any of these cards. the terratec would be the lesser of the said brands but still good (possible iffy driver support still?)
    stay away from soundblasters if you intend to get seriously into pc recording and multitracking.

j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

well if you want cheap (very) and relatively good then check out the Creative PCI 128.
    You can get on from komplett.ie for 18 euro.

Check out the soundcard page linked from the n-track faq (use google I'm too lazy :-) to see what they have to say. BTW n-track is a good option if you want a cheap sequencer.

Advertisement