Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chorus analogue cable packages

Options
  • 20-08-2002 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

i dont know if this has ben answered before or not but could someone please tell me when or if chorus is gonna standardise their cable packages not figital to 16 or 17 channels as they are requiered to do so by the odtr as part od their fee increase last year by the end of 2002. i emailed the ever helpful customer service and all i got was a reply that digital tv was not available in my area (tullamore) yet. just goes to show how much they know. i wont hold my breath fo rthses so called standardised lineup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh, they'll be doing that by the end of 2002 as promised.

Seriously though, you are well within your rights to email or phone the ODTR and ask if there's any progress on the issue. Wouldn't say you'll get much of a reply but I'm sure we could organise twenty-odd people to send in a similar enquiry.

Waste of time ringing Chorus. Or, as you found out, emailing them.

I doubt very much that they'll be standardising the lienup any time soon. Realistically no-one's going to take their licence from them and there's no real comeback from the ODTR/CCR. They'll just trundle on regardless as if the promise was never made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

thanks for that info i wont hold my breath though for the great new lineup they promised the ODTR ah well i can always dream:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

i contacted both the ODTR and CHORUS'S director of regulatory compliance . the odtr sent me a response that should CHORUS choose not to comply with the requirement to standardise the package by the end of 2002 then the option is there to make them reduce their price by 10% until they comply. hope they intend to follow through on this and its not just a standard reply,
    As for THE GREAT man from CHORUS i wont give his name in case he bothers to reply im still waiting for his letter of response. that is if he chooses to respond. if its anything like their customer service i wont hold my breadth.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

remember your neighbours can ALL make the same complaint of you write it out for them clearly and tell em where to post it

the 'great man' , a former dept of comms official ISTR, is tipped to be one of the new ODTR commissioners. Make sure you complain about him to the Minister in the Dept of Comms (Ahern) and to Mary Hanafin in the dept of the Taoiseach.....as well as the ODTR

M

Advertisement