Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I transfer domain ownership?

Options
  • 20-08-2002 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭

Due to work commitments and frankly lack of interest, i've a couple of domains i'm no longer interested in upkeeping.

The sites are still usefull to the people i wrote them for ( between them, theres about 1000 hits per day), and feel that it would be a shame to just wipe and forget.

I have a person or two in mind that probably would use the sites and webspace (paid for another 6 months or so) to the benifit of the readers.

Would just like to hand over the domains to them, however, want to make sure that should they make any alterations etc to them thats contaversial etc , i'm not the one that answers for it.

Is it possible to legally transfer ownership etc of a domain for no cost to another individual . Both sites are registered with Gandi.

Thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'm not too sure about the costs, but if you transfer them to a different registrar you shouldn't have any problems changing the contacts.
    I've never used Gandi, but there should be information on their site to cover this kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Gandi are a good registrar, but it is pretty complicated changing the owner of a domain.

I think I remember reading about having to download forms, fax or post to Gandi etc having been signed by the current owner etc.

If you are worried about what might happen to the sites and if it is for only 6 months, then maybe you are better off just letting them lapse?

R

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Seems to me the logical course of action would be to login to the Gandi website to see what options are available to you:

https://www.gandi.net/admin/domain/change?l=en

adam

Advertisement