Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have an idea, and it's quite enticing.

Options
  • 20-08-2002 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Who's up for a reunion in Sligo??
    I can't remember who's from Sligo, or if anyone was, but I'm sure there's people I know from Galway and Mayo and places like that.
    Seems there's a train to Sligo, which would be handy for me.
    And I like Sligo too.
    See, it's all me me me me me....
    But really someone back me up
    y'know ya want to
    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I would, cause nice people live in Sligo. And we can.....hehe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

come on come on more people i was thinking and there was definitely lots and lotsa peoples from sligo cos i remember saying it to my friend and she was like 'from sligo? ooh are they fellas, i like fellas from sligo' and so on so like more people that i know that attended session 1 02 but they all seemed to have ****ed off a while ago hmmm....una are ya up for it, hmmmm.....i always have these good ideas but i'm too feck arse lazy to do anything about them, like email people or ring them, or think of a time, or think of more stuff that ya have to do, wow long sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Come on all ye peeps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

My God, Sligo? What's in Sligo but Yeats's supposed grave? He never deserved the Nobel anyway, in contrast to Patrick Kavanagh, who deserved three. Woop, a tangent.

Sligo is too far west. Dublin is too far east. I say we hold a reunion in Laois, maybe then I'll get to go to it

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

ed you are an idiot!!! there is NO way people would come to laois without enormous pain being inflicted :p

• Advertisement

Yes, Jean, I'm eminently aware of that. Still, it's better than Wexford, which, interestingly, features on my Top 10 hate list, along with three Wexford people and one shop there. And you're one of them! Whooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

ah ed I know you love me really............and wexford HAS MORE THAN 3 SHOPS..........it has 4 - they built (another) pub.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Pubs don't count as shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

Patrick Kavanagh is amazing...but i strongly object to that Yeats comment...

My God, he said, you wouldn't believe how much my sanity would have been damaged. That's one of the good things about me, I don't let other people's opinions get in the way of my reckoning of them, normally.

So no sweat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mbabazi

That's not what Christy Moore was saying.

;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

No, you don't want to go to sligo, besides ppl from gal if they're going on the train its galway -> dublin -> sligo. and there is NOTHING in sligo. sorry to sound so mean, but it's true. i've been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

ya nothing in sligo
    i know
    but i need somewheres i can gets me to easily without it being dublin, or too far aways

and haven't people from galway ever heard of the bus?

Advertisement