Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Vice City

Options
  • 20-08-2002 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know of a web site with some decent information about this forthcoming game. i have tried search engines etc. and nothing really satifies. can anyone point me in the right direction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

http://216.127.80.23/%7Ecyberfal/gta3vc/

some of the highlights:
    • Nine Full hours of 80's music featuring 90+ songs licensed from well known artists.
    • The whole of Vice City will be open to players from the start of the game. Go where you want, when you want.
    • Your character finally speaks!
    • 20 top Hollywood stars will fill out the cast. The only person mentioned by name was Ray Liotta (Goodfellas).
    • Gangs are more intelligent and will cause trouble all over the city so you won't be the only one the police will be hunting down.
    • You will be able to shoot out tires which will drastically affect the vehicle physics.
    prequels rock.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

sounds brilliant. can't wait till it comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it's sounding great. i'm getting goosebumps thinking about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

but how much will the system requirments be upped by? gta3 ran like a slug in molasses on some machines that should be more than able to handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

will it be out for the pc and psx at the same time , me wonders!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you guys might find this interesting...
    there's a 99.9% chance that its complete bull****, but i kind of believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Doubt it strongly but it would explain quite a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

It does make some kinda sense alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

you might want to check this out.

www.kentpaul.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

another article scanned onto a PC

http://www.russnetwork.com/gtavice.html
    you will have to scroll down a bit

very nice pictures, i haven't read the text yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    will it be out for the pc and psx at the same time , me wonders!

Well according to play.com it won't. Cuz if u do a search for it u can only find of the PS2. Its sounds like its going to be mad!! Hopefully it will be made properly and not rushed this time on the PC. Does anybody know when its going to be coming out for the PC?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Looking at Play.com, it sounds great with 70 more cars and the city twice the size of GTA3's Liberty. Works out at €52 preorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It sounds neat alright - more of the same with only minor tweaks admittedly, but hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

Oh, by the way, that post on the iBoard linked above is utter, utter lies. For a start, he's got the relationships between the companies wrong - Take2 is just the umbrella name of the publisher, Rockstar Games is the label the games come out on (and a wholly owned subsidiary of Take2), Rockstar North (who were called DMA Design still at the point that GTA3 came out) are the developers. The idea that Rockstar would "hand over" the code to some mythical Take2 department that churns out PC ports and then wash their hands of it is pretty ridiculous. The problems with the PC version are because console to PC ports are a painful process since the PC is a crap platform to develop for, and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've heard rumblings about it being ps2-exclusive somewhere? Anyone know about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I too have heard Sony made a deal that all GTA games would be Playstation only which sounds very dodgy but i seriously doubt it considering the amount Rockstar would make from PC users too. It's very unlikely but I wouldn't put it passed Sony to monopolise like that.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Slane

The news is that Sony have made a deal which means that GTA games will be PS2 exclusive till 2004.But i think it may just be as in home consoles and the pc would not be included in this.There is a post about the deal on IGN but i cant be arsed looking for it.Info about GTA:Vice city released so far includes:

-50 indoor locations
    -Bikes!and you can shoot forward while on them.
    -tons more vehicles over 100 in all.
    -new flying vehicles like a M.A.S.H style helicopter and a small plane(With proper wings this time,yeah!)with those weird flotation things instead of wheels so you can land on water.
    -alot more time spent on water based vehicles as there will be waterways and rivers running through the heart of vice city.
    -you can now shop at some stores,and not just for guns like in the last game,for new outfits and cars.You can also rob stores,including ammunation,if you've got the balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Spiral - I really don't think that the sales of GTA3 on PC would convince Rockstar not to sign exclusivity for PS2. In fact, if anything, I expect that they'd discourage them from even considering a PC version of Vice City.

Quick stat....

PS2 version of GTA3 has sold about 850,000 copies in the UK.

PC version of GTA3 has sold about 25,000 copies in the UK.

Go figure....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Well, i'd say that's cos any PS2 will play the PS2 version, but you'd need a relatively new PC to play the PC version.
    Perpetual upgrading is what we've come to expect by now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

• Advertisement
Advertisement