Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix festival

Options
  • 20-08-2002 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

The Phoenix festival is happening in Tullamore this weekend. I think this is only the 2nd year it's happening and I don't know what events are planned but it should be a brilliant weekend to go out cos the town will be packed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I was checking out the line-up for the festival this weekend and it looks good if anyone from surrounding areas is coming over. PIcture House are playing an open-air gig in town on Friday night, and there are 20 other bands playing in all the pubs over the weekend. There is going to be a street festival with the usual performers- fire eaters, stilt walkers, samba bands, jugglers etc. and music and apparently there will be 15 hot air balloons from Ireland and the UK in the sky over the weekend. There will be an arts and literature display, a classical concert at Charleville castle, canal barge trips and to finish the whole event on Sunday night the Phoenix parade and fireworks are taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well apart from the bonus of pubs open late every night it was a bit crap wasnt it ? oo and the cool hot air balloons wonder how many took off in total ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I didn't see much of the festival after all cos I was in Slane on Saturday. I don't know how many hot-air balloons were there, heard they were charging 200euro for a short trip in one. The money was for charity but still a rip off!

Advertisement