Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Scary Story

Options
  • 20-08-2002 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Here's a tale that'll chill ya to the bones (no pun intended).

Just a couple of hours ago I was innocently walking my dog on the same route I always go on. I turned around the corner just outside my house and saw pure evil in all it's terrifyingness. Colm O'Reilly was entering a house just a few doors down from my own. And since he seemed to have keys to said house I can only presume he lives there. I'm not sure if this is just a recent thing or I just haven't been very observant for the past 10 years I've lived in my house but it's terrifying none the less.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pretty Vacant

Ha Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Em: pretty Vacant; please change the sig. Animated sigs not only annoy the ****e out of people, they're not allowed on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

only one thing to do: STAKEOUT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

that is pretty terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

That means that he lives within 2 miles of me!

Just for fun, should Conor and I:
    a:Brick his house
    b:Egg his house
    c:Stakeout his house
    d:Obtain his phone number and call him at 2 in the morning without saying anything
    e:Some intricate combination of the above involving a blender and a modem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    a:Brick his house Which would make you a scumbag / skanger / normal St. Pauls student.
    b:Egg his house Which would make you a scumbag / skanger / normal St. Pauls student.
    c:Stakeout his house Which would make you a scumbag / skanger / normal St. Pauls student. And a perve.
    d:Obtain his phone number and call him at 2 in the morning without saying anything Which would make you a scumbag / skanger / normal St. Pauls student. And an even bigger perve.
    e:Some intricate combination of the above involving a blender and a modem Which would make you a scumbag / skanger / normal St. Pauls student. All of the above bold comments.

Colm is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet, seriously! And he's not gay, he's getting married this month dammit! He might be a bit, um, I dunno... he's brilliant God dammit. No, I am not madly in love with him I just think that people shouldn't have to put up with the insults they do because skangers / muppets don't like them.

I wasn't actually serious. I just find it weird that I can't go anywhere without the possibility of seeing someone who runs CTYI. Sean and Fergal are teachers in our school, and Colm (who I saw coming out of St. Pauls) lives nearby. Now all we need is Shiela to move to the area and we're surrounded by the 4 people who run CTYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

God, that sounds strangely familiar to my own situation on the first day of session 2 this year (kind of reversed actually), when my former year head (no, none of you would know the school, so don't ask) walked out of the Terence Larkin building before the first meeting thing, and stared at me waiting in line with the rest of us. Not a word, he just stared. What a freak.

My God, be nice to the St Pats students, they'll run the country some day if we don't do anything about it

Unless we nuke St. Pats first. Charred remains genrally have problems leading political parties. That's why Michael Noonan didn't get into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

e:Some intricate combination of the above involving a blender and a modem
    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

although i agree with bob, kinda. colm was grand and only a little effeminate. towards me, anyhoos. and i liked his FCUK says Relax t-shirt. and he has a little baby girl, so that added with the fiancee adds to his likely not-gayness

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if Colm has a son around 13 'cos I saw him coming out of St. Pauls with one. I take this to mean that he either has a son, they were stangers walking alongside each other, or we should inform the gardai. Or not. Whatever floats your boat.

And I am not going to grind up bricks and shove the pieces into a modem. A least not again.

Colm has no offspring... he's relatively young though so it could have been a brother... or a newphew...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

From all the times i've actually talked to colm, I've thought him fairly sound. Most of th epeople running CTYI are.

I know he can seem a bit off bit i guess thats just his way.

-rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

HA HA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mbabazi

He was my teacher in Session 1 98, the best teacher I've ever had. He's also the best employer I've ever had along with Seán and Feargal...!! He's an absolute ledge though.

You don't know Fergal until you've experienced his science class. Sean is sound though.

Dude, Feargal is a fscking sound man. And you know the abuse he gave me in his science class... when he let me into that class that is. He's a brilliant teacher and a damn sound guy as long as you're not an ass to him.

I have just noticed that CTYI can be rather... oh, I don't know, interconnected? With all these people connected to it in the one institution? Or is the word I'm looking for "elitist". Again, I don't know.

Maybe it was just set up that way, but I'm getting to the root of this

Our school is full of, for lack of a better term, homophobic idiots. Please do find the truth. If possible, before friday when I have to face them again.

Article6... now, I am trying to phrase this as nicely as possible, but I am insanely fed up witht he CTYI = elitist comments, shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Hey Barry! Here's a better term for them: Nullcranial Troglodytes.

OrangeRhino: I apologise for not seeing into your mind before making my absolutely unfounded point. I will subsequently take such a precaution at all times when posting. Thank you for advising me to shut up also, it proved your point more subtly than rational arguments ever could.

I'm sorry. I'm not in the best of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

phfoot, rational arguements, whats wrong with being elitist anyways?

Originally posted by article6
    OrangeRhino: I apologise for not seeing into your mind before making my absolutely unfounded point. I will subsequently take such a precaution at all times when posting. Thank you for advising me to shut up also, it proved your point more subtly than rational arguments ever could.

I'm sorry. I'm not in the best of form.

Yeah, I was being a bit of an ass too. Let us agree to be different. Or some such equally peace offering statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Originally posted by OrangeRhino

ass

Bob!!!!(i refer to This should be interesting)

Ass isn't really a curse. It even gets past the boards.ie censor. See, I can say ass all I want. Ass ass ass ass ass.

I'm done.

Ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by SOL
    phfoot, rational arguements, whats wrong with being elitist anyways?

Everything.

<< Fio >>

How about this: The Nazis were Elitists. If you want your connection with the nazis to extend beyond being humans then call yourself an elitist.

There were also white, had noses (mostly) and lived on planet earth? Saying we had just one thing in common with Nazis is a lie... oh, let us not forget the fact that as a race we still (generally) discriminate against those that are different than us... yeah, we suck. Not as much as we used to, but still thar be suckage.

• Advertisement

Okay, how about this: The Nazis were Elitists. If you want your connection with the nazis to extend beyond being humans, having noses, being white and living on earth then call yourself an elitist.

Happy?

Advertisement