Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

manga entertainment.. ARGH

Options
  • 20-08-2002 11:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a DVD on monday called "Golgo 13: the professional", it's an anime.. released in the Uk/ireland by manga entertainment..

on the box it says "english/japanese stereo", and "english subtitles".. yet when I put the DVD in my comp to play it.. there was no japanese audio track.. and no subtitles at all..

it only had the english dub, which was VERY annoying.

i'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this kind of thing with manga dvds.. it's blatant false advertising and I'm not happy with it at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Are you sure you know how to select the japanese audio track with your DVD player?? Damn newbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

on the box it says "english/japanese stereo", and "english subtitles".. yet when I put the DVD in my comp to play it.. there was no japanese audio track.. and no subtitles at all..

Sounds like you just havent found the option is all.Why do you want to watch it in Japanese tho?

If I were you I would be more angry at having bought such a crap movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Golgo 13 is truly rubbish, but I'm pretty sure the UK release had a Japanese audio track. Odd. That said, it's next to useless because the tossers put a Dubtitle track instead of a Subtitle track on the disc, so you end up with incorrect translations and wrongly timed subs when listening to the Japanese audio. Marvellous.

More annoyingly, they did EXACTLY the same to Appleseed, which is a movie actually worth watching. If you watch it subbed you still have to suffer to awful dub script - complete with swearwords all over the place where there were none in the Japanese, because Mangle Video wanted to get a 15 rating for it and without the swearing it was definitely going to be a 12. Sigh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Originally posted by Lord of Terror
    Are you sure you know how to select the japanese audio track with your DVD player?? Damn newbies!

you gonna die! :)

i'm wishing I actually *did* drop you TV now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

lol. I'll save my Manga Ent. bashing for another day then :)

~ Roll on the eva films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i THOUGHT IT WASENT A BAD MOVIE, BUT THEN I WATCHED IT NEARLY Ten years ago on good `ol VHS, and it did exactaly what it said on the tin!

Advertisement