Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestion for a Japanese forum

• 21-08-2002 2:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭

Seeing as we've now got forums for German, Spanish, French, Irish and Italian, can we get a Japanese forum if enough people reply to this thread in support?

Arigato gesaimasu...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Good idea!

but

Not 2 many people speak Japanese

and your signature insults Free-Masons so the boards . ie Mods like Amp won't like this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yeah, the idea of this thread is to get those who would be interested in a Nihongo board to speak up - if there isn't much response, then there's no need for a boards, but if there's enough interest, the mods might be convinced.

Screw the Freemasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I heartily endorse this product and/or service and all who sail in her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'd definitely be interested in a Japanese board - not even necessarily for straight-up language conversations, but there's a lot of stuff on the net in Japanese which it can be useful to know how to operate and I'm sure we have a few people with knowledge to share.

Amazon.co.jp does international deliveries, after all... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Keep on Trekin

Yes very good idea.

But I don't think there are enough Japanese speakers in this community. It may be better if the forum were built to cater for JApanese Music, Manga. TV
    Also other languages or countires could be included Hindi(India), Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Africakanas, Portugese..

Did you know that Japanese makes use of 2,500 Ancient Chinese Characters in its Cartoons and Newspapers.

The languages are very similar in written form.

Almost like the way Spanish people can read Italian without ever having learnt the language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Let's see some more supporters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Brian Bennette

How about a Asian forum. India/China/Japan?

With news from BollyWood, HK Cinema and Manga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Brian Bennette

Just got this:

The Most studied Languages in foreign countries Ever.

1English
    2French
    3Russian
    4=German
    4=Spanish
    6Italian
    7=Chinese
    7=Japanese
    7=Arabic
    10=Greek
    10=Turkish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Dutch.

Plus I support the Jappie board.

I'm just going on the theory that there's a fair crossover between hardcore gamers and those with interest in Japanese culture and language - you'd probably be surprised at how many Boardsers would be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

You got my full support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I support this 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

As do I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

GOE JAP
    icon14.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Ban this filth!!! Actually, I support this....

I've created a monster!

GOOOOOOOOE NIPPON!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

i'd like to see that idea come into play... i can even provide a link to a dictionary too ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Originally posted by Sico

GOOOOOOOOE NIPPON!!!

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Kind of like the idea of a Japanese culture style board at least. If people actually start typing Japanese I can see if my Systran will translate Japanese written in roman text (money says it won't)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭ondafly

yes please !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

more lemonade?? yes please!!

and i support the jap board.

Cheers leds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by sceptre
    Kind of like the idea of a Japanese culture style board at least. If people actually start typing Japanese I can see if my Systran will translate Japanese written in roman text (money says it won't)

Even though this may be a bit over the line, I thought I might as well bring it up, as it is relevent to the proposed idea.

Basically, on the forum I own, I put in a 'JapanNation' Category, for all things Japanese, such as culture, Anime Films and Games, etc., since Japan is a very big influence in the main topic of that forum. As Sico said, there is a big tie in with Japan and Hardcore gamers, so as I mentioned before, I think it's a wonderful idea :)

Advertisement