Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

future sound of london

• 21-08-2002 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

i recently heard some future sound of london stuff and was wondering whats their most accessible/best album to get....

got ISDN, had no idea it was live or the first live gig transmitted over a network or something...and as good as it is, its nowhere near as good as the stuff i heard...i dont even know what it was called....though i do know theres a sample of it on 'the dirtchamber sessions part 1' (liam from prodigy)...

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Try getting Dead Cities CD and the Papua New Guinea single, both of them are sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

papua new guinea...i think that mighta been what i heard...the names strikes a chord...

anyhoo, i'll check that out...thank you much for yer help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Accelerator is pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

without a doubt get dead cities, easily their most accesible, great deep beats combined with some amazingly beautiful soundscapes.

personally I think lifeforms is their best, two cds of pure lie on your back electronic ambient loveliness... theres no specific individual tracks (as with dead cities), more the whole album evolves from track to track very slowly, much more organic structure to the music than ISDN (as indicated by the names)... ISDN itself is very good, but doens't have the lasting appeal of either of the above two.

either of those 3 anyway, accelerator is their poorest album imo... it really is terrible, compared with the others its bland, unexciting and positively simplistic... if anything its a decent early 90s dance album, nothing more.

if you can find amorphous androgynous - tales of ephidrena in the shops purchase it straight away.. its fsol under a different name and like lifeforms, is pure ambient genius.

for the interest of fans, they've a new album "the isness" due out next month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Amorphous Androgynous have a new album out, it's in most of the Dublin shops anyway, Isness or something it's called [hello, Cloud, do you actually read any of the previous posts?!].

I haven't got it yet, waiting to see some reviews.

I like the My Kingdom EP - some good versions of that track there, although it's hard when you're a fan of the Vangelis original they've sampled from.

John.
    --

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I'd like to hear their joint track with Dead Can Dance, I've only seen it on MTV's Chill Out Zone (and not recently).

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

if its one of those Vs. tracks on Chill Out , then usually its not commercially available... they're mostly substandard attempts at video mixing... then again in this case i could be mistaken (altho allmusic.com doesn't mention any collaboration)

theres review of the new album at:
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=Aa7pzefyk2gfo
    doesn't seem very promising :)

Advertisement