Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Memory Question

• 21-08-2002 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the following memory will work in a Dell OptiPlex G1?

SDRAM PC100 128mb

Crucial.com have what I'm looking for but I would like to order the memory from Komplett along with some other stuff.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Note that the dell optiplex tends to have error corrected ram or registered (can't remember) whereas the bog standard dimm is not ecc and not registered. Workstations and Servers use more robust hardware than bog standard Dimensions.

note the spec to the right of the crucial selector

EG

CL2 or 3 or 2.5
    Registered
    ECC

thats the spec in 'generic' terms and thats what you must match up wth what Komplett have. Personally I recommend Crucial as they replace the stuff no bother if its theirs....only happened once.
    Price wise they charge UK6 incl vat for delivery to Ireland by UPS 3 day. I am a big fan.......and love their Memory selector gizmo

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

if i was you i would order off crucial.com they are alot cheaper even than there european site,shippping is $15 and takes about 2-3 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

u could ring me pat ;)
    ordered some for a dell this week...

except thru the european page www.crucial.com/uk

if you suceed pls tell me how you get it to accept an irish address and quote for shipping here coz it is a lot cheaper as you said.

m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

you can buy off crucial.com i got 2X256mb of DDR2100 2 weeks ago,they just advised me it would be faster to ship from the EU site.just follow the instructions on the site its $15 for delivery.what problems did u have doing this??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by Muck
    except thru the european page www.crucial.com/uk

if you suceed pls tell me how you get it to accept an irish address and quote for shipping here coz it is a lot cheaper as you said.

Maybe use 90210 as a zip/postcode?

Half the online ordering pages out there are similarly broken. I tend to use my Dublin postal district number but some sites won't let you use a single character in which case I either repeat the Dublin number over and over, use a random number, or use a mini-rant-speach imploring them to fix their site (the rant actually got back to me on an envelope once!).

ya could use a friends address in the states as contact but ship to yourself..... the system insists on a zipcode and seems to check the zip / city match each other

it will accept an irisn number in the format +353nnnnnnnnnn in the contact number field for delivery and also a .ie email address as primary contact.

ps if you registered withe the european site you wil have to remove a cookie that was set.

must try again soon...

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Thanks for the help everyone.

I ordered the memory from www.crucial.com/uk on Thursday ( sorry Mike ) and it arrived this morning.

As for getting it to accept an Irish delivery address, I just used an underscore symbol as the Postal Code.

Patrick.

PS The memory works.

Advertisement