Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network printer on XP

Options
  • 21-08-2002 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

The printer: Xerox Workcentre 480cx.

Setup on a Windows XP Pro box.

I want four win98se machines on the network to be able to use it. I have enabled sharing for it on the xp machine but when I try and install it as a network printer on the win98se machines they ask for the driver.

I downloaded the win98se drivers for it and installed those on the win98se machines and then set the port to the xerox on the winxp pro machine as opposed to the printer port - duh.

But when I try and print it doesn't work. There is no error, just nothing happens. If I could get the inf files I think I'd be sorted becasue there is a feature in XP to add additional drivers the shared machines...

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

i am not sure what you are looking for but if its .INF files you want , you better visit www.xerox.com and have a look trough the product list.
    you might also wanne try an HP driver that is allready included with your windows system, you might loose a few option there but it might keep you going for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

I've already got the drivers off xerox.com. A HP driver?? that will work? any one in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

...not called workgroup anymore in XP but it still exists in the network control panel.

if they are not in the network neighbourhood in XP then sharing will not work anyway.

xp basically has the nt4 ws spooler with bells n whistles.

should be able to share then as

\\xp\xerox

\\MachineName\Sharename

load 98 drivers onto 98 machines rather than share them off xp box

print to share?

M

Advertisement