Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Follow up letters

• 21-08-2002 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Do many people send follow up letters/emails to job applications?
    What do you normally write?
    Normally i just write, a hello, enquire to their health, and ask if they recieved the letter and cv ok.
    just 2 or 3 lines.

What do people think? suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

to be honest, ive always applied through recruitment (scum of the earth) agencies. and they always call you back in about 2 days.

if you do have direct contact with a company, i would suggest phoning instead of mailing, as you can get a direct response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kepler

You should really enclose a cover letter, but you must refer to the company in question, and particularly why you would make a good candidate for employment there. Thats the point of a cover letter. A follow up call after a few days is critical too "Have you recieved my resume?" etc.
    Goodluck :)

Advertisement