Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What am I doing wrong?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

my sister said this to me once .
    quote :
    in primary school you look up to the boys in 6th class
    & think wow big good looking etc
    in secondary school you look up to the 6th years &
    think , wow they're real men
    when you get there you realise they are not
    so does it be the barmen she looked up to for a few years after
    & @ 21 she realised again ,
    THERE ARE NO MEN , JUST A BUNCH OF OLD CHILDISH BOYS.
    its safe to say "most" women are looking for a "man" ..
    but since their dad does not go clubbing ..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

wooooo

Alot of interesting comments and opinoons flying around there.
    Maybe I should try out a few of those for myself and see if they work.... if its any constilation to ya unregi, I haven't being having much luck in this field either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its easy to find someone to fúck.

finding someone you want to spend the rest of you life with is different altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ATTENTION YOU PEOPLE!!!

STEP AWAY FROM THE DATING SCENE!

No wonder most of you lot can never get a date. Sweet Jesus.

People, you're all MENTAL.

'Try to look as though you're not interested'
    'Try to pretend you don't want her'
    'Try to pretend you have a girlfriend'
    'Try making her feel like you dont need her.. that way she will be more attracted to you'...

So your combined advise is to act like a wánker to pull birds??

If you do any of the above, yes, you'll score.

You'll score some slapper with a past job history as a human mattress whose got more issues than Afghanistan and more ex boyfriends than Liz Taylor, Zsa Zsa Gabor and Freddie Mercury combined. She'll shág you on your first date, tell you she loves you within a week, propose that you marry her within a month and screw your best mate or your brother a week later.

As for being nice and it not working, here's the problem.

Are you normally a nice outgoing person who complements people on their appearance and goes out of their way to do things for them (pulling out seats, opening doors, buying drinks)? Do you do that for your everyday mates? No? Then why do you think that when you do it to a stranger it'll come across as natural? It just appears false!

First rule, be yourself. If you don't prostrate yourself as a human doormat for your mates, don't do it for a girl you're interested in, you'll just look marginally more undesirable than Michael Jackson coated in marmalade.

If you are on the hunt for someone long term, you have to start out being the person you are. Chances are you're quite likeable, but the gobshíte you turn into when you deliver chat up lines isn't.

Wánkers get laid because there's a certain type of woman out there who wants to get laid by a wánker. And unless you're a bona fide wánker all the time, you don't want to hook up with a woman like that.

Love it!!!
    I laid that girl Hee Hee
    But stay on the scene man, you will find a lady when you sift through the garbage.
    Hiya Gemma, long time no see xx

Advertisement