Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you been doing

Options
  • 21-08-2002 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Since the summer's over, I think it's time to reflect on what we did in our spare time(excluding the obvious).

moi, I bought WAY too many comics. I went to many reunions. I made up a lot of poetry/lyrics/music in my spare time( 3 in the morning). I went to Glasgow and Amsterdam. I felt good, I felt bad, and ok.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Welps, I did that Junior Cert yokey ... then, precisely three hours after I finished my Junior Cert I was in CTYI. Then I finished that, wished I was at session two ... went to a few reuinions. Then I decided to work for a while and have done various jobs, I've spent time with friends, good friends and lovers. I've been betrayed by lovers, I've done lots of really interesting stuff (in my opinion anyway). I've met a couple of insanely great new friends, and lots of cool new people. I've stengthened friendships I've already had and even saved a couple I though were gone. I've played soccer with Betheler, had fun with Clare, went to films with Dermo, talked to Garóg, phoned Theresa .. a lot, seen the Foo Fighters with Sarah and dozens of other people I love anyway. I love all you guys and as summer draws to a close I hope my life only gets better. Summer has rocked, life is insanely great and, yeah.

I love you all.

p.s. Garóg, it's cool ... and damn you for making me all sentimental and stuff. You still rock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Other than seeing pretty much every film that has been showing in UCI Coolock with Conor and playing Final Fantasy X (which I am now sick of) I have done exactly nothing. I am actually looking forward to going back to school. Just because it's 4th year doesn't make that any better. I sicken myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Back to school? Barry, you sicken me. Sick of FFX? I'm more surprised than sickened but still slightly sickened because it is a good game. And I've done more than Barry. this summer. I went to France for two weeks where I am now known as "Fish" because of a joke I made that went to far. That's two weird names I got this summer. I made friends with an Olympic gymnastic dropout. I did the Junior Cert. and I think I did pretty well at it. And I saw about every new film that came out in the UCI. That's what happens when you go to see Austin Powers with your friends and suggest going to another film.

I'm looking forward to school aswell... I mean, transition year and "exploring masculinity" classes... it's gonna be brilliant.

Those are exactly my sentimonies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 joltgirl02

well im about to do this whole junior cert thingy. yay! i can barely contain my excitement :p

You poor thing. If you want to get out of the religion exam, say that you are any religion (or lack thereof) other than Christian. They can't force you to learn about what you don't believe in.

If only that applied to english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Easy stuff. Just say you're not English and pray it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Uck, I think I'd rather sit the JC again that go into 5th year, all my new books are big and scary :(

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

religion exam..........................? wtf? I didnt sit no religion exam.....uh oh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 joltgirl02

i dont think i gotta sit no religion exam. thank god.

ha ha - whos idea of a sick joke was it to tell us there was a religion exam..........ohhhhh barry aldwell - EXPLAIN YOURSELF.............

But don't people who are going into first or second year now have a religion exam in their Junior Cert... ?

really? HA - my little bro is going to have to STUDY RELIGION. but what about the athiests / agnostics / minority religions? surely they cant have a class for only one or two students in a school?

The minority religions/lack thereof was the way out of the religion exam. If I found out that I had to do one in the LC then I'd plead that.

The new JC curriculum has a religion exam but they get to use calculators in the maths exam.

Saying that you are not english (which we aren't anyway) will just get you put in foundation english.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

i have to do a religion exam for my leaving???????
    well, looks like i'm gonna have to make a mockery out of they whole educational system again.
    what's there to learn? all i ever did in religion was shout at the teacher for mocking religions other that cathal-ocism (i go to a convent) especially when he's just reading from the book.
    hmmm, think i've just realised why he doesn't like me very much

I'm not sure but I'd doubt it. The leaving cert is maths, english and the torture called irish and 6 choice subjects. And who's gonna choose religion? Anyway, if it turns out we do, I'm starting a union as a mini business. We won't make any money, but we'll annoy some teachers. And isn't that what school's about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

The JC Religion Exam comes into place for the JC in 2004, the Calculators in maths come into place for this year's JC, 2003.

Hurrah! I miss religion and get the calculators! They're bringing in a PE exam for the new curriculam aswell methinks.

Heh heh heh. PE Exam.........

-rob

A PE exam? Good thing that I don't have to do that. Last year for 3 months we did swimming for PE. I did it all of once.

Hee hee, swimming is great Barry... male nakedness... and lot's of it! Oh wait, school isn't CTYI... they all hate seeing male bodies. Damn it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Hat Girl

and you say youre not gay.
    hummmm.
    methinks you are being corruted by hugh and sven...
    cool peole, but oh so homsexual...

they surely cant do that? pe and religion exams?
    oh and barry for the leaving is it not eng, iri, math and 4 choice subjects? thats what we do down here anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Do I detect an air of homophobia?hmm??(homophobia is a bad thing. Discrimination!!!)

And Hugh is not gay(well, he can be if need arises)

I'vw known him for 4 years( well, itll be 4 years in 2 days)

Regarding the LC subjects, I don't know. Let's bug people until they tell us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gunshotglitter

LC subjects is irish, english and maths with 4 choice subjects usually but you can do as many as you like they just teach you 4 or sometimes 5 choice subjects like in my school where music is extra and we get to go to music instead of doing games hehehe.

As for my summer I did CTYI, went to see the chili peppers (whooooooo) went out a lot and worked too much! And Now I get to do my leaving cert but being a 6th year does have its perks!!i.e. the first years are scared of us hehe power;)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

1st years?? oh no. i've got older more ANNOYING prey in mind. heh heh heh. those who got my e-mail i'm still waiting for good ideas. i only have:
    1. make her clean chewing gum off desks (i can't do that)
    2. maker her clean the toilets (i can't do that either, dammit)
    3. make her pick up litter (will do. with camera hopefully)
    4. make her clean the canteen (can't do that either. goddammit)

1st are not good enough prey for the 6th year prefects. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh
    muahahahahahahahahhaha

the next person to call me mentally unstable is only 50% right

Advertisement