Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Image"

Options
  • 22-08-2002 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

As you have probably noticed, I changed me avatar to something more suited to my QUACK!!!!!

But, is that a good idea? I mean people LOVED the bomb-omb.

Was changing the avatar a good idea? 7 votes

Yup
    0% 0 votes
    Nein!!!
    71% 5 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    28% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Welps, I browse boards with avatars disabled so I am of no real opinion on the subject. But bomb-omb did indeed rock a whole heap... I think boards should let us have custom avatars... the thousand or so they provide all suck monkeys...

... elbows. You thought I was gonna say "nuts" didn't ya? Ya sick dirty perverted chipmunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Sigh... you people are so predictable.
    customavatars.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

It's not like we NEED coustom avatars in the first place, I mean, we have, as you said, 1000+

Firstly, I did not request custom avatars. Nor did I even suggest them. If I was going to do so it would be on the Admin board, not here. I merely voiced my opinion. I did not make any arguments for or against custom avatars, I just said I thought we should be allowed have them.

Secondly, the fact you thought one of my opinions deserved more of a flaming than someone starting a thread about changing their avatar... well, that speaks volumes.

Thirdly, we don't need custom avatars. Nor do we need signatures, postcounts or custom text. We need a username and a message and not much else. However, boards has decided that signatures and postcounts do less to the signal to noise ratio than avatars. I don't agree with that, but that's a thread for the admin board.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

IN SMB1-3. that walking bomb was called "BOB-OMB" not bomb-omb. eejits the lot of ya.
    BOB-OMB!!!!!

• Advertisement

Cool, if you put a -omb at the end of my name... I'm a videogame character. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I thought it was spelt b-bomb. That was how it was written on those mario spaghetti shapes they sold years ago.
    Mmmm.... spaghetti.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Custom avatars......... who cares really? i mostly think avatars tend to be sh*te on vbulletin boards anyways....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

And we wonder why we are branded as muppets and spammers...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hmmm......Adam: those conversations get so long and boring and usually end up with..."No, no custom avatars". :)

Yes, this is what we call, spamming.

• Advertisement

Yeah, you see... that's why I pretty much did my best to quash the custom avatar debate from all sides... unfortunately it didn't work... ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I think we shouldnt actually even bother talking about custom avatars. Remember you started it OrangeRhino, and since theres no possible way its going to happen, i find very little point in doing the whole teenage undertone thing of 'Well I still think we should have them'.

Mored discussion of custom avatars will result in my getting annoyed and the thread getting locked.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

i think custom avatars are important because without them we'd just be like animals with no respect for the elders or the past, and with them we can be like the villagers in 'the lottery'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Yessssssss. You do that then.

Advertisement