Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedtime!

Options
  • 22-08-2002 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Come on!! It's only 3:30 in the morning!! where IS everyone?!

What time do you go to bed?? 19 votes

10-11PM
    0% 0 votes
    12-1AM
    15% 3 votes
    1-3AM
    26% 5 votes
    3+AM
    57% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I agree. I need people to talk to me and make me feel loved!

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Right here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Beteen one and three in the morning for me, yeah, I'm a big wussy but I like my sleep. Although the last few nights I have only beetn getting about five hours sleep which isn't a very good thing but life is insanely brilliant right now so I couldn't give a flying welsh squirrel.

WHO THE HELL VOTED 10-11PM?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

12 o clock :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I've become a night walker. last night was 6am, the night before that was 6:30am, before was 5:30am, the night bef.........

You get the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I'm trying to get into a workable system for school <i gotta get up at 6:30 to get there on time> so i'm going 1-3...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

I'm a insomniac, its not that i cant sleep, its that the time seems to go so fast at night, over the last week and a half I tended to look at the clock and it was 1am then I'd look what seemed half a hour later and it would be 6am, its not fair, the day is to short. I hate loosing time.
    but now i have to get back into the school routine, its a pity for me that going to bed and sleeping are differant things, damn you Ken Macleod, damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I've stopped sleeping. I spend a few hours lying down every night, but I get no actual sleep.
    But I'm not alowd to use the computer after midnight because the sound of me typing keeps my mum awake

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I go to bed around 1.30 but usually just watch TV and stuff until about 3. If I didn't have a TV in my room then I'd stay up a lot later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

sleep? this is summer. who sleeps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

I usually go to bed at about 1am if i'm not doing anything the next day. I watch a film until 12:30 and check my e-mail, post here until 1 and then i sleep...............i love sleep

-rob

I abhor sleep. DONT make me post up my essay on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I'm usually up until after Cops on Sky One, which ends at 3.30. A piece of advice: Don't play your PS2 (or whatever piece of crap you have) at night as when you realise to check the time it'll be 5 in the morning.

Speaking of playing PS2s until the birds start chirping outside, who is going to get GTA:Vice City? I am, and Bob is, and Conor will (or else. or else what. exactly) so who else will? Huh? Why aren't you talking? Do you think I'm some kind of nut? Huh? Answer me!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Another rule of thumb: Don't play Civ if you actually want to get to bed.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

And NEVER play BG2 after 48 hours without sleep. You'll space out and next thing you know minsc has been killed by fire giants... erm...

Also, never fall asleep in a small swivel chair with uncomfortable arm rests <the kind of chairs you get to sit in if you work in a bank>. It hurts in the morning. A LOT.

"I must not sleep. Sleep is the enemy. Sleep is the little death that brings total oblivion."

Despite my advice, I did it again. Last night I fell asleep at 5. The result is that I only got out of bed an hour ago.

Also, don't play a driving game first thing in the morning. I was doing an endurance race in GT3 around an oval and I kept falling asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I occassionally build a bed out of an armchair, a cushion and a wooden chair and sleep in that when I want to stay up really late. It makes it harder to fall asleep.

P.S. Don't try to drive when you're asleep. Barry should stand as an example to us all.

Sleeping on pointy things helps too. And sleep driving is fun. Especially when you start to spin out. That'll make you dizzy. Just put a brick on the accellerator and you're off. Cutting the brakes makes it one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I prefer the night to daytime, I always have. I'm always really awake at three am but I'm also quite chirpy in the mornings - its stupid afternoons that make me sleepy! Poor little me, I'm back to school on Thursday and I have to get up at 6.30 most mornings to get in on time, I will be absolutely dead in about a week cos I'm so used to my summer routine. Grr arg!

• Advertisement

me2. BOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO. at least u have another 15months holidays
    ihave 9 months of stressful school

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

How do I have 15 months holidays? I think you mean 12 months if you're referring to what a doss 4th year is, cos in 12 months I'm going into 5th year (ooh, scary)
    This time in a year you're going to be finished school forever and you'll be looking forward to college and a whole extra month of freedom beforehand!

damn straight! my math skills ain't good at nite
    i'm an early morning person.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to my twelve months holidays... and my twelve months after that and then the nine months after that. Once that lot is over, I'm in the real world. The real world scares me.

The real world scares all. That is its purpose

Yeah, but I wanna go into the real world 'cos most people in the real world seem to get scored or married... in whatever world I'm in now I get neither. I don't particularly like the marriage bit, but scorage would be good...

yah.............

Advertisement