Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is mod etiquette?

• 22-08-2002 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

i',ve just realised that I've had a post editted by a mod, so it got me to wondering is there such a thing as mod etiquette or guidelines?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

it all adepends on the mod and the mod s/he is in :)
    personally im not too worried about threads meandering or going off topic, its all part pof discussion, however i wont tolerate any sort of advertising. but this comes from being a long time member of these boards and not liking when somoene tries to take advantage of a free service.
    i will however delete anything that is just off the cuff rubbish. i dont care what you say, as long as you make it interesting and thought out :)

oh, and you can abuse the hell out of each other too, coz i think its funny, however most mods will not tolerate that on their board. some of them even ban you for a dayif you disagree with their opinion, which is a bit bizarre, but there you go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Mod etiquette = common sense*

*except if it's funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Might it be this one?

OJ hasn't a habit of editing posts for the hell of it - what did you say then?*

*hopefully something funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Thanks guys.

yes, Sceptre it was that one.

It was possibly more facetious than funny, but the original thread starter took it in her stride.

TBH I was surprised at what OJ did, but there ya go.

Advertisement