Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unstalling software

Options
  • 22-08-2002 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

I was trying to uninstall a virus software, inorder to install a new one. the old one was McAfee Virus Scan/Network Associates Virus Scan NT v4.03a

however on unstalling it and rebooting a message pops up when you log in saying: Bad ShldMsg.dat
    and it takes ages for the system to boot in properly. i have tried deleting the file its executing and browsing through the regestiry to see i can remove where it is asking for this operation to be run but cannot find it. any suggestions?

Gar :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

In the registry, in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Run.

If you cant find it there read the following artical for all possible places.

Link

X

Advertisement