Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car audio stores

Options
  • 22-08-2002 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was working on my car the other day (94 peugeot 405 estate 1.9D) replacing an electric window assembly and a central locking motor on two different doors (god bless the trusty haynes manual) and I finally realised why my stereo sounds sh**te.

The speaker cones have pretty much disintegrated, mostly in the rubber surround that spoorts the cone, basically they're shagged and need replacing.

I'm just looking for some reasonably decent speakers to put into the original locations in the doors, and 2 tweeters in the dash, not some mad 3 subs in my boot setup. anyone know of any good online stores with reasonable costs?

or just a traditional shop will do, assuming it's down the country somewhere (live in thurles)

I really need to get something soon cos I do five to six hundred miles a week and the crappy sound is beginning to annoy me.

also, anyone reccomend some decent-but-cheap brands?

Cheers,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

I dont know any shops in thurles but if its brands yer after i'd go 4 sony. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

This may be of little or no use. If you drive a lot the you must know the Naas Rd. in Dublin. There's a car scrap yard near Bluebell FC with hundreds of bangers there. Drop in and have a look around. I'm sure you'll find a car with suitable speakers. They'll be 2nd hand but will cost no more than 20Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Nice suggestion thegills.

If Cork is handier there's a place out past Turners Cross somewhere (can get the address if necessary). Place on the Naas road would certainly be bigger though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Cheers guys,

I am thinking that I may buy new (and slightly uprated), unless the price scares me.

But sceptre that place in cork sounds like a useful place to know about, I also need a small trim panel for the back corner of the car, and then she'll be complete.

Regards,
    John

ps, any good shops in limerick or cork? or any online stores of note?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

www.incartechnology.com

I know the site looks crap but they are good at ICE and all that stuff. Its based in Galway btw.

kayos

• Advertisement
Advertisement