Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Kanji

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Thanks for the links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yeah, the Japanese themselves spend years of their lives learning their own written language (it's normal for Japanese schoolchildren to learn kanji all the way up to college); imagine how hard it would be for a gaijin to get used to it.

If you want to start learning to write Japanese characters, I'd recommend starting with hiragana and katakana. These two alphabets consist of characters used to represent single syllables only, so there are only 46 in either. If you can't write something in kanji, you can spell it out in hiragana. Katakana is only used to spell foreign words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

How about posting the most common/frequently used Killer Kanji on this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I started teaching myself Hiragana 2 weeks ago, i nearly know it all now, yay! Do you people ever get confused between hiragana and katakana? Tell me all great mentats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I learned katakana in around 5 days of undedicated learning(I did it during maths class, while also doing maths), and I learned hiragana in 2 days, and that was just half an hour each day. Do you think this would mean I would be able to pwn kanji faster than you a-ve-rage gaijin?

• Advertisement
Advertisement