Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Quantum Leap Episode

• 22-08-2002 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

Well this seems like a highly watched program still so the last episode was on a few minutes ago but it will be repeated again at 8 pm and 2 am on UK Gold 2 which is channel 111 on Sky digital

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

never seen the last one.

cool

used to love that show on bbc2 years ago

kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I was never sure whether that last episode was a major disappointment or perfectly fitting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

i never really liked the show but have watched a few episodes.

could anyone throw up a spoiler and tell me what happens in the last episode.

i know i said i didn't like the show but it has wrecked my head at times when i see an old episode and i never know if the chap gets home.

curse you tv for being so addictive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Rabies
    could anyone throw up a spoiler and tell me what happens in the last episode.
    It's the one where he leaps into himself in some mining town
    as far as I remember. I've seen reruns of most of the episodes but haven't seen the last one since first airing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Oh and........
    The Bartender in the town is God as far as i remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

thanks sceptre

wasn't the kind of ending i was expecting, but i really don't know what i was expecting.

edit:
    thanks for the update Kevok,
    think if i saw that i would have pissed myself laughing.

just thinking about sitting in a bar asking god for a pint of holy water, Mmmmmm

:(

weird ending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I thought it was fantastic, tbh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

I thought this was a cooool series, some really brilliant episodes (not sure if the last one was one of them....) does anyone remember those evil leaper episodes...brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

the evil leaper ones were a bit pants imo..

easily the best was the two-parter vietnam one, where only at the end he realises that he could have saved al from being a pow, probably one of my favourite sci-fi episodes of all time that particular one.

the two-parter in the mental home is very very good as well (where he gets electro-shock therapy and forgets who he is)..

about the ending.. it does make you think, and although
    he never gets home, it does sort of wrap things up.. he goes on and on helping people because he's so good at it, what i didn't understand though is what happens to al/everyone in the future? do they forget about him over time? etc. etc. like the episode when the funding for the project was cancelled.. either way it ended in time, it was just reaching the point when there was nothing else to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

That was the last episode? i seen it a few times but never realised it was the last one for some reason.

Vietnam one was the best one imo as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Oh Yeh! Forgot about the Vietnam episodes they were sheer class...also I remember a triliogy about this woman Abigail, I think. Strange the way these arn't on DVD yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

That mental home one was great. Did anyone ever see the one where he and Lee Harvey Oswald kept switching, t'was really cool at the end when he leaps while his finger was on the trigger. Another really good one was where he leaped in to the body of a chimp used in the Space Program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's good that they at least took the time to wrap up the series and give it some kind of conclusion (albeit a continuing one). I hate when shows get cancelled without ever reaching any kind of conclusion or success (though Pandamonium:D is the only one I can remember offhand)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the one where he lept into himeslf as a kid and tried to convice his brother not to go to vietnam, fails then leaps into a guy in his brothers squad in vietnam and fails to stop him getting killed again was really good. that was a brilliant series and ended very well even if the last episode was quite confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I've always though the last episode was the perfect ending to the series.
    It was never really your average TV show, a nice, happy, tie up the loose ends type episode would have ruined it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Didnt they cut the series in the middle of it and they rushed the ending ? Was'nt bad though , might have always wanted to end it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

As I understand it by changing al's destiny the quantum leap program never gets funding so Sam never leaps in the first place but god (the bartender) gives Sam the opportunity to continue leaping and helping people so he does. In my opinion its quiet sad because it means he won’t have al to help him through his leaps any more. Maybe god was going to take his place.

Without a doubt the Vietnam episodes where the best of a very good series :)

/how do you do that spoiler effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Lee Harvey Oswald ones were my favourites...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I thought it was great *sigh* , can't believe it ended like that

Advertisement