Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've another question

Options
  • 22-08-2002 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Question:

When you come to the index page of a particular forum, ie when you see a table which tells you the subject of each thread, who started it, how many replies there have been, how many views etc what do the icons/avatars in the first two (leftmost) columns signify?

I’ve worked out that a padlock symbol indicates that the thread has been locked but what do the other symbols mean? What is the difference between a plain envelope and one with a circle in its centre, for instance?

Is there a FAQ page with these answers?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and it shows you, to do with amount of replies and if you replied etc, very handy

(There is an FAQ but cant remember where.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Don't mean to bump an old thread, well I do... but I wanna know the answer to the OP's question. I tried to find the FAQ you mentioned, but I can't seem to locate it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That's some bump. The faq is in the newbies forum, it's one of the stickies at the top.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Orim wrote: »
    That's some bump. The faq is in the newbies forum, it's one of the stickies at the top.

The question isn't covered there, since the definition of those icons is at the bottom of the page on every forum.

Spear wrote: »
    The question isn't covered there, since the definition of those icons is at the bottom of the page on every forum.

Yeah, I read that in Gordon's post. But honest to god it's not there for me? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah, I read that in Gordon's post. But honest to god it's not there for me? :confused:

It doesn't appear when you are in a thread. So it will only show up when you're on main page like this one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

At the bottom of each forum, since those icons are only shown at forum level, and not within a thread.

At the bottom of each forum, since those icons are only shown at forum level, and not within a thread.

Is it supposed to be here?

Is it supposed to be here?

Ah, you're on the new skin, where it seems it's missing. In that case just hover the mouse over the icon, and you can see the definition in the tooltip.

Ah, you're on the new skin, where it seems it's missing. In that case just hover the mouse over the icon, and you can see the definition in the tooltip.

Ah okay, cool. :) Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So even 12 years ago people had issues :)

Advertisement