Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usa Forum

Options
  • 22-08-2002 9:07pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Greetings and welcome to the Abroad forum.

Rules are the same as in any other Forum, no trolling or muppetry please.

I will be happy to answer and questions or help in anyway possible on any issues topics etc.

I will post important news from time to time and hope to see some relevant topics here!

Thanks goes out to Cloud for making this forum possible!

This was at one time the USA forum but it was merged with the London forum and renamed : Abroad.

So Majd can answer your London questions and I can help with your USA questions,
    feel free to post questions for other countries as well, we do get people in here from other places and we will help if we can as well. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Mike66

What happened the rest o the USA posts?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi Beat,

Any information on the new Biometric passports that are needed for the Visa waiver countries for entry to the US (i.e. all the EU 15 + a few extras). I believe the new regulations come in from August? Does the family related B1 indefinite visa still count? Have rang the embassy in Dublin who promised to get back to me on both Monday and Tuesday, but have not done so. Its taken for granted that going forward all the J1's will have to have the biometric chip as well- that is fingerprinting and facial scans. All EU visitors already have to submit all credit card details to emigration - Why is it so difficult to get information on all of this?
    Hope all is well there-

Shane

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hey Guys-

From October 26th 2004 (not this year), all new Visa applications to the US will require one of either a) Biometric chip embedded in visa (its tiny- slightly larger than a grain of sand, and has finger prints and a facial scan along with info on convictions etc. stored. This will initially be the chip from Secugen- later may contain others. Several EU countries issuing biometric passports as standard already at US request- e.g. The Netherlands were the first, all passports from 1/01/03 have been biometric.

Those holders of indefinite, multiple entry visas (B1's B2's etc) can continue to use their passports as previously, but must provide details of all credit cards and mobile phone SIMs prior to entry.

There is an interesting article on this and other applications of this technology on the following link-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/31380.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Thanks for that bit of interesting information Shane. I am sure the link will come in handy for those looking for information on Visa's and whatnot.

I need to think of some more interesting topics to keep this ball rolling ;) hmmm... that gives me an idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Is this forum for all other countries or just the US?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement