Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top pubs and clubs in cork

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

excellent, thanks adam!

That's my favourite pub, so behave yourself when you're in there. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pininfarina

Cissie Youngs on Bandon Rd. for one of the best pints in Cork. Love that pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Originally posted by dahamsta

That's my favourite pub, so behave yourself when you're in there. :)

haha will do. won't be in cork for a few weeks though ;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

The best pub has to be Nancy Spains on Barrack Street get atmosphere and staff every night of the week and never any waahs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Andor

If your out for a nice quiet chat with your mates; Gallaghers on McCurtains street :)

If your a fan of alternative music and dresscode that requires your pants be large enough to house a few students, go to An Bróg.

Again i'ld agree that the clubs in cork are rubbish;

Savoy would be excellant if it wasn't so large - it always looks empty.
    Fast Eddies is nice! i'ld recommend it.

Avoid Reds!!! Its always too crowded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

youl be sorry for that remark davegirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Originally posted by Pep
    youl be sorry for that remark davegirl

ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fluffie

actually your little fights are quite funny to be honest!

freakscene is the best club my miles in cork....the nicest djs (they always play radiohead and the smiths when requested), the best in alt music (ok, so a few changes could be made, but hey) and a fairly cool crowd.

of course we all hark back to ye olde henryes dayes when everything was so much darker and you had to pay for water...but the atmosphere was the best!

pubs.....hmmm i quite like nancys, the brog and not too much other pubs in cork. although the bodega is nice but scary. very old and 'cool'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Well the Bailey suks as far as I'm concerned since they wouldn't let me in cause I was wearing a pair of beige skate style shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hedionist

Clubs in Cork/Ireland are ****e, go to the Scotland/England for proper clubs, as for bars well go to Galway where they make the effort. One pub there spent 6 million Irish a few years ago on doing the place up!!! The Raddisson in Galway do excellent club nights for those who wanna dance and freakscene does play some good music in the Savoy for those indie/alt heads or anyone interested in good music rather then the drivel played by so-called dj's in the rest of the clubs. If you like dance music I think 'club one' is coming on a lot. Cork could do with a club which caters for all tastes, as I know sat. night on the town usually ends up with all my friends going in different directions e.g. those on the pull...invariably end up in cattle markets such as cubins/havana's, dance enthusiasts to one or Savoy, horny to angels lap dancing club or the fore mentioned cubins etc.. I don't mean to pigeon hole but unfortunately that already happens with any bar in town e.g. the Roundy or even the trinity are often branded gay places when in fact they are just gay friendly and have a mixed crowd.
    The classic bar does have a lot pf potential and as far as having all round appeal I would say it is up there but 'cork chick' you already know that bar. Another bar worth a mention which you may not know of would be 'the exchange' (used to be 'mojo's') over bridge from college of com...good music, nice crowd, clean, good pint etc... . Also keep an eye out for the 'Telefukon' clubs nights in the Savoy which are fun, next one dec 7. There is quite a mix of people and music at these nights and the promoters always make the effort to make sure the punters enjoy themselves.
    http://www.savoytheatre.ie/index2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jayl

The Coal Quay is cool, Bodega any night except Sat. Roundy, Bailey and Bachelors are all nice. Newport on Paul St isnt bad.

As for clubs, any big Jam night in the Savoy is good. Stevie G & Colm Kenefick are great every Friday night but its definitely best when theres guests. In the last couple of years: Guru of Gangstarr, Maseo of De La Soul, Trevor Nelson twice, MTV Lick Party, Grandmaster Flash, Dilated Peoples, People Under the Stairs and DJ Noize. Look out for more excellent guests soon!

Avoid Gasworks unless its a college night, Redz is a schoolclub, The Bakery, The Goat and Doyle's are knackerholes.

As for Douglas, the quieter pubs are better, try Barrys. The Bohemian and East Village are usually full with scobes.

Jayl.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chuckwalla

Anybody been to the Morgue since it changed. I used drink there the whole time, but havent lived in Cork for a while now. Used be the best sopt in town, good pints, reasonably priced, good atmosphere, sound staff...my kinda place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 emmadonnelly

I'm deff getting old but can anyone remember what reardons was originally called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I'm deff getting old but can anyone remember what reardons was originally called?

Reardon's Mills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Japonica

It was called The Crazy Horse before Reardens. This was about 7 years ago though, when I was in college...

I must say I have not been in a good club in Cork in so long.

Costigans is great since it has been done up.Great for the country folk and everyone chats away. SUAS, above Wagamammas is also nice for a change and if you are into going to a small contemporary bar...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement