Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dod_castle (v1)

• 22-08-2002 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Allright...this is what i did today. Its a castle but the problem is as i have yet to put in the sky box you cannot see the outside :(

Here are some shots i took from inside the castle underground in the tunnels.....

dod_castle1.jpg

dod_castle2.jpg

dod_castle3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Needs more.... castle.

What do you expect us to say based on those screenshots? I mean, they dont show off much of the map. all i see is a chair and three crates.. nothing can be said about any of them really.. outdorr shots please..
    Sky boxes arent that hard to put in a map loike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The chair shot is more art then anything else....tis pure beauty! .. ill throw in a skybox and load up some more pics for ya then...

Just for you Drake

Well.... just for you Drake are some images of outside...

dod_castle4.jpg
    dod_castle5.jpg
    dod_castle6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

will this be ready by saturday?:)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Keep it up Winters.
    DrAkE even if it is only three crates it has a sort of atmosphere to it, what with the lighting and all - And that chair is nice.

As for the outside, it'll need a bit of smacking around, but Im sure the map is only in its early stages, so good luck with it!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by incubus
    will this be ready by saturday?:)

I hope so. I spent most of today working on it insted of building webbys .... which i should of been doing :(
    Originally posted by RopeDrink
    As for the outside, it'll need a bit of smacking around, but Im sure the map is only in its early stages, so good luck with it!

Outside is beginning to take some shape. The map is a night map and looks really well with the lighting ive used. The lighting really creats a cool atmosphere and it will be interesting to play on. I have added a secret underground tunnel into the castle too...
    :)

The castle will have a hugh underground network of tunnels which should be fun to run around in.

Remember .. this is only version1 of the map. Ill continue working on it and making it better...

Question: How do i make rotating doors? I can make the sliding ones grand but the rotating door thing doesnt work for me. They just disappear for 4 seconds then come back.... i dont have a clue where they go off to :(:confused:

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Make sure you have included a "Origin" texture in your wad.

1) Create your door.
    2) Create a very thin rectangle that goes up the side of the door from the ground to the top of it (Make sure its touching the door, and preferable not as wide as the door width) and texture it with the origin texture. Make sure the the origin rectangle is where you want the "Hinge" to be, and it's probably better to have it inside a wall, because the texture itself is invisible.
    3) Select both objects and group them together
    4) highlight the grouped object and give it the Rotating Door Entity
    5) The rest is up to you to experiment with, you can change how far and fast it opens when activated, the sound it makes etc etc - I'll leave that up to you - The Properties are rather easy to figure out.

I'd explain far better if I had time, but I have to fly.
    Toodles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

good on ya ropey, bit more positive than drakes response, show potential, keep oup ze vork vinters :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

i think the chair's the best bit!!!!!!!!!!!
    face it, more and more maps nowadays are lacking basic seating facilities. this is a problem we must tackle head on and i for one would like to congradulate Winters on his brave contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I think for inside the castle you should use a different texture for the floor just to make it seem less bland and a few pointed towers wouldn't go a miss. BTW which ww2 battle was fought in a castle? :0. Also for your chair scale the texture down to .50 instead of 1.00 because the texture looks a bit big. GJ so far, nice use of lighting.

• Advertisement

Well......i started it again... :( .. This time though I do have a layout so it will be better. The Chair will be in the New version!

I m getting used to the lighiting stuff... it can really give a good effect :D

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    good on ya ropey, bit more positive than drakes response, show potential, keep oup ze vork vinters :)

Well heck, Im a positive person :rolleyes:

Tintin, Tintin? Who is this Tintin?

I started the map again using a new layout ... because the layout i had was well, just being madeup as i went along. I made a scetch of the map on some paper (dart ticket) and am working on that. It will be BIGGER and more fun ... with lots of fun lighting :D

Advertisement