Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grumble

Options
  • 22-08-2002 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

hello everybody. tonite i feel like crap and im beginning to believe in all honesty the old 'nobody understands me' cliche. ive got depression, which is a real bummer, went to group therapy, was accused of seeking attention and having an attitude problem. i am being completely honest with u: i am neither of these things. if anybody has any insight or experience concerning depression, lend me ur opinion, i feel like im lost at sea

mia x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Depression is like quick sand , the harder you struggle to be "normal" the quicker you'll sink. All in all you need help , if you feel isolated or lonely your situation is fairly bad indeed cause it means you have no one you really can talk too or trust.
    No quick answers or solutions, just a hard road to travel in accepting or dealing with whatever issues you have.Maybe someone on the issues board could point you in the right direction?

No to be-little anyone but sometimes people are bummed out cause they're 17 and they've acne or cause they're not cool enough...these kinda things are normal and do pass, I was never cool and had spots ....poor me ;-(.
    If you have real problems stick with therapy, don't get offended when you hear things you don't like ,you have to work on yourself no one else can read your mind and fix you.

In keeping with the theme of this board request your favorite tunes and whack em up way up loud. Meet new people with common interests and enjoy that and don't dump problems on them but rather enjoy the fact that you have something outside of your problems to enjoy (ie you are not the sum of all your problems). Phantasm , gigs are good places to start, youre a music lover obviously cause your here get out there and enjoy yourself a bit!

Now,take two of these, get lots of rest, drink plenty of water and smile at least three times a day.

All the best, good luck

Trev M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yup what trev said
    and i also suggest going to the personal issues board (under the header society) and you will get floods of replies, (hopefully!) all trying to help you out.

Advertisement