Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Eagle Star

Options
  • 23-08-2002 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

After ringing up eagle star for a quote today, the first question I was asked was how old the car was. And I said it was a 1991 Toyota Starlet. The person said we dont insure cars over ten years old try hibernian.
    Can insurance companies get away with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

In a word: yes

In the same way that the AA don't insure you unless you've been driving three years (of course that fact that it took me 30seconds to remember how old I was when I went in for a quote probably didn't help me - dammit I'm getting older, it's becoming hard for me to take 1975 from 2002:D) or other companies have their own self-authored restrictions.

The usual proviso about failing to get a certain number of quotes and having the right to force the first company to quote you obviously applies

Advertisement