Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games into movies...

Options
  • 23-08-2002 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

It looks like 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' has been optioned for a movie in the next 2 years.

I've also read somewhere that people are considering the Doom 3 release for a movie treatment as well.

Looks like more sci-fi game-orientated splatterfests on the screen soon then:D

c0y0te

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

Maybe someone somewhere should get their thumb out of their ring and make Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty into a movie? THAT would be amazing, I mean, the cut-sequences from the game are better than most movies to date that I have seen.
    Wolvenstein would be a novel idea, mix 1 part Private Ryan with 2 parts Evil Dead and 1 part Commando.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Xander

Hi.

What I think is really weird is the transition of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

--First a VERY unsuccessful movie

--Then a VERY successful TV show spawning posters, soundtracks, box sets, and a legion of fans

--Then a quite successful game, first on the gameboy color, then on the xbox

--Now there is going to be a new Buffy movie, and if Sarah Michelle Gellar doesn't get her ass in line, that Irish singer, Samantha Mumba, who acted in the movie of the "Time Machine" will be playing Buffy herself.

And by the way, you're soooo right - Metal Gear Solid 2 would make a cool movie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

mmm Samantha Mumba. (No idea of her acting skills though)

I thought Resident Evil an amazingly good translation

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Was a good translation, shame that it was such a pants film though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i thought it was an alright film, not great certainly but defo. worth watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I cant see Ms mumba ever playing Buffy in another Buffy movie.
    It would be like samual L Jackson playing Indy in the next Indiana Jones movie.

"Aztec, motherfúcker, do you speak it" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

I heard that Samantha Mumba is going to be in Blade 3... anybody think that rumour is true / false?

Let me know, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by Mordeth
    i thought it was an alright film, not great certainly but defo. worth watching

Only thing worth watching was Milia Jovovich

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Xander
    --Now there is going to be a new Buffy movie, and if Sarah Michelle Gellar doesn't get her ass in line, that Irish singer, Samantha Mumba, who acted in the movie of the "Time Machine" will be playing Buffy herself.

Good god lets hope not. From all the reviews/opinions/cutscenes i've scene sam mumba has the acting ability of a rusty paper clip!

Advertisement