Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal Of Honour:Random crashes help needed!!

Options
  • 23-08-2002 12:31pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just bought this Mohaa and cant seem to get the fu<king thing running at all.Ive updated video drivers,sound card drivers,done a full reinstall of windows,changed to an older video card,Ive defragged,scandisked and uninstalled and reinstalled the game at least 10 times and Im starting to get very pi$$ed off now.
    Any way the problem is random crashing with sound looping-sometimes its at the start of the game and others half way through a level.Its actuall that bad that I havent even got into the village on the first level yet without it crashing.There are no error messages given.
    Ive installed the latest patch(1.11) and still no luck.
    I do know that the game is supposed to be a bit buggy but jesus how a game can be released with this $hit still not resolved I dont know.Ive been trying to sort it for 10 hours now and still no further along.
    As usual any help is always appreciated,
    Richie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Enable Console in Adnvanced Options.

And hit `tolde on startup and leave console hangin down it alwyas goves an error message.

then copy the error message in here .

Also what card have you plz dont say Voodoo or anthing 3dfz related :)

Kdja

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Kdja the card is a geforce 2 ti 64mb using 30.82 detonator drivers.
    Il post the error message tonite when I get home.

That should work no problems with mohaa.

tho i had a TNT ages ago and had to sue the Windows Update drivers as the Detonator drives gave me errors simliar to yours.

kdja

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Seems to be a known problem directly related to sound issues.

I found this so hopefully it will sort my prob out:

http://techsupport.ea.com/issue_detail.cfm?id=59563&game_id=58858&category_num=7&issue_category=-1

Kdja,
    I tried the pre-mentioned fix but no luck.The error Im getting is mohaa is causing an invaild page fault in mss32.dll. which I believe is a sound issue.I only get the error message sometimes and other times it just locks up at random points with the sound looping over and over.I have to power off to get a reboot.

System specs
    Celeron 2 1200 mhz on slocket adapter
    Geforce 2 ti 64mb
    320 mb pc133 ram
    Soundblaster pci 64d
    440 bx motherboard

Direct x 8.1
    Det 30.82
    Soundblaster 1339 drivers(i think)

Driving me fu<king mad at the minute.Ive been trying to sort this out all weekend.Im actually at my fifth reinstall of Windows since I bought this "game"Starting to think the game part is getting it working!!!
    Im starting to think that the problem may be that I need direct x 8 drivers for my sound card which I cant seem to find anywhere.
    Thanks
    Richie

• Advertisement

Still no luck on getting this "game" running satisfactorily.If anyone has an ideas on this ******PLEASE HELP*****.Im getting 2 errors at random points
    invalid page faults at mss32.dll and invalid page faults at mssfast.m3d

Seems to be a problem with the game itself as every other game is running 100%

As mentioned above I seem to be doing everything right and after 20 calls to EA tech support Im still no further along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Deep Slayer

I am currently playing MOHAA, but like yourself my comp was also crashing.
    To overcome the crashes I installed
    the latest DirectX 8.1b which fixes some recent game titles that use DrawIndexedPrimitive() API with clipped TL vertices.
    Installed the Latest MOHAA patch
    and most important of all before I start up MOHAA
    I ensure that no other application is running in the background
    except systray and exploer.
    DO a ctrl + alt + del and end task all other applications. except for the two above.
    Hope this helps and good luck

Another guy i know is having problems with those sound card drivers.

can you roll back to an older version and try that???

the dll is the Miles fast sound system.

Can you play in safe mode and change the sound in game ???
    To another source
    kdja

According to ea the issues are sound related.
    Im reckoning that its because the card doesnt support eax or 3d surround and the game is calling on the eax and surround routines and causing a conflict.There is "supposedly" a console command to turn the miles sound drivers to standard 2 speaker setup but I cant find it anywhere.
    I have rolled the drivers back to the previous ones but the prob is still there.
    Im lost and since Electronic Boutique only allow 10 days to return the game Im stuck with it so have to get it working.

Well you can heat and change the driver from the CFG file
    In MOHAA/MAIN/CONFIGS
    open the CFG file with worpad
    here is the last few lines of mine
    seta name "[DaDs]Kdja"
    seta r_lastValidRenderer "GeForce3/AGP/3DNOW!"
    seta r_forceClampToEdge "1"
    seta s_milesdriver "Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio"
    seta sv_maxPing "600"
    seta sv_maxRate "8000"
    seta fps "1"
    seta sv_hostname "KDJA"
    seta r_gamma "2.486842"
    seta rate "25000"
    seta dm_playermodel "american_ranger"
    seta dm_playergermanmodel "german_afrika_private"
    seta sensitivity "5.000000"
    seta r_colorbits "32"
    seta r_mode "4"
    seta g_m5l1 "1"
    seta g_medal5 "1"
    seta g_medal3 "1"
    seta ui_hostname "KDJA"
    seta ui_maplist_obj "obj/kdja1 dm/mohdm1"
    seta ui_connectip "24.150.171.64"
    seta ui_timelimit "5"
    seta ui_gamespy "0"
    seta ui_console "1"
    seta developer "1"

Change your sound driver to mine :)
    2 speakers medium sound.

kdja

• Advertisement

Kdja I tried your config solution but still no joy.Here is the error message Im getting-Maybe you can throw a bit of light on the problem.EA reckon I need a new sound card which supports dx8.

I also noticed that my sound card is sharing an IRQ with the geforce 2--would this cause a problem?????

MOHAA caused an invalid page fault in
    module MSSFAST.M3D at 0167:22601b6f.
    Registers:
    EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=22601b6f EFLGS=00010287
    EBX=08b83d8e SS=016f ESP=058eff28 EBP=00008000
    ECX=08b83d8e DS=016f ESI=226109e8 FS=128f
    EDX=00008000 ES=016f EDI=0000e735 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    66 89 78 02 66 89 38 83 c0 04 83 c3 02 3b c2 72
    Stack dump:
    00001001 22610a6c 226109e8 00000000 00008000 00000000 00000000 22601a43 040167c4 00000002 058effcc 00001770 00000008 211014b8 00000000 bff92c37

Turned the sound acceleration down to "no acceleration" and seems to be a bit more stable.But I still get the error after a while playing.

Help Anyone?????????

Advertisement