Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish group

Options
  • 23-08-2002 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Well whats the story with getting this irish group going,

should we have a mailing list/website or whatever,

Maybe we could think of PHP system (for lack of a better work) to create together, to get known.

An e-mail manager or somtin like it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Take it slowly Paul ffs :)

small steps lad, small steps.....

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

DAMMIT MAN GET INTO THE SPIRIT OF THINGS

"you will never be a fisherman" ;)

But seriously I think a starting project would be good.

Maybe even follow up with other projects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Slydice

But seriously I think a starting project would be good.

Personally I do think a project is a good idea but everyone on here will have different time schedules and levels of interest so the best thing to do is anyone that wants to start a projects sets up the structure and then delegates what has to be done.

Say if you set a project up like the e-mail system you were talking about Paul.

Then you lay out the plans and what has to be done, come here and start a new topic which I'll sticky about your project and what your vision of it is. You then layout the modules which need to be completed for each section and which ones you're going to do yourself. People can then look at the project and decide "Hey, I'd like to do that bit of it" they take it away and pass code back to you on a weekly/bi weekly/monthly basis as a specific time. You QA the code and add it to the overall project.

If you keep the topic updated with the new pieces of code as you go along everybody else can see what they need to do to interface.

Anyone with probs on their code can post and learn.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wish

Hey logic
    would it be posible to set up cvs
    such that we could check code in and out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by wish
    Hey logic
    would it be posible to set up cvs
    such that we could check code in and out....

That's up to whoever starts a project really.

.logic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement