Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotpress

• 23-08-2002 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Me an my illustrious band were playing the ignition showcase there on monday night. I recommend you people do not go to this as in do not enter your band. We heard all types of shít that there would be a best band award, and the best band would get to enter a ignition final. And if we won the final, we would recieve recording gear and studio time and whatever. When we got there we paid our entrance fee (126 euro) and went in. We asked a few questions to the sound engineer and the other bands. None of them knew a thing about it, and i doubt that anyone paid for it like we did. we were lucky that we got money to cover it from ticket sales. We were ripped off, noone heard a thing about any winners yet and the sound was pretty terrible. Anyone know what the usual story is with this gig???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

ye i taut myself ye sounded sh*te but sure ye got yer moneh back no point complaining and is ur name paul by any chance coz if it was u werent too great on the night..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

hotpress as an organisation is going down to drain, they recently had the sell the hall of fame [now "spirit" niteclub [i think]] cause it nearly made them bankrupt, and their mag leaves a lot to b desired in terms of layout, info, and every other thing i can think of thats in a good music publication.

Sadly, irish music is in the ****s at the mo:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I thought they were good and Hotpress are a pack of ****s they didnt even review it yet they can stick their ****ing name on the tickets.

They were more ****ing creative than any of the other bands there..more ****ing entertaining too..and had more support so you must have been in the minority Cartman.

In fact you cant fault any of the bands that got up there that night ya gotta have balls to get up and play your own stuff,specially with negative little ****s like you about,am i being to judgemental here :P (I heard your werent even there too so wtf kinda **** stiring punk are you ?)

Kind regards

NeM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Cartman, stop being gay, you weren't even there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

thats a whoppin! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

faster bill faster... me needs me fancy stuff. ah they was deadly but they lacked the sexy girly with the others, she be nice. :) somethin ya be missin boyo's. We wants more drummin from Bill.

g'wan da Sleeeeeeeves Mahoney.

Advertisement