Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who should be wwe champ?

• 23-08-2002 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

always an intersting question but this is one more so dealing with who could be champ and carry the wwe back to it's best.
    for me there are two wrestlers who could carry it off one is HHH [but only as a heel] and the other would be RVD.
    who do you think should be champ?
    anyone saying the rock don't waste my time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Ahh ANYONE but brock lesnar.. HE SUCKS and ive a feeling the wanker is gonna win the title at summerslam.. ugh hes so boring and stupid i dont care how good a wrestler he is
    I say give it to kurt angle.. he would never shut up about it pissing people off it would be so funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Give it to Triple Homo. At least we wouldn't have to see him fighting Shaun Michaels with a sledgehammer.

Noo HHH is starting to suck hes been champion 5 times.. I say give it to some new talent like john cena... ANYBODY but brock lesnar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

A short list of who I think should be champ

Chris Benoit
    Kurt Angle
    Brock Lesnar
    Ric Flair (just for one last time)
    Chris Jericho

I mean seriously any of those guys would be a serious improvement over The Rock, Dwayne "who can only punch 500 times in a match, spitting on his hand, who does a piss poor sharpshooter and who is repetitive as hell in a match" Johnson :)

HHH will probably get the belt within a few months cause lets face it he is banging SMH in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

i cant believe that im saying this but im begining (just begining) to buy into the whole lesner angle - yes i know we could write a book on his weaknesses but the WWE have handled him superbly in the last 6 weeks and have really built him up the right way - except for the rush job of trying to get him up there in such a short time (just think if the build up lasted until Survivir Series like in the old days!) with the rock off to hollywood soon it dificult to think of a heel who hasnt had the title a dozen times over or another heel who is ready to step up as legitimate main eventer - the only other option is Angle - who is by far the best the WWE has to offer but again hes off to train for 2004 soon so really - which other heel is ready for the title?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

despite a lot of different options for a new wwe champ i would have to say the only one that could really capture peoples interest would be if you have a leader of a group as champ. some options would be a return of dx with either HHH or HBK, raven [if they are going to bring him back from commentry] with a new version of ravens flock, or perhaps some kind of extreme group who would bring back the glory days of ecw with matches that make the most blood thirsty fans cringe. when you look at it your going back to the days of the corporate ministry since they did an angle like that and it worked to a certain degree thanks in main to austin.
    just an idea but let us know what your view is

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I agree Cactus!!
    we need to have the alliance groups formed again!! Its fairly obvious thats wat the WWE are trying to do - but a really crap job of it!!!
    I think that RVD will be a class champ!! Brock will beat Rock... then at the next pay per view RVD will beat Brock!! then face HHH and get murdered!! is it that predictable!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ffs...

I should be WWE champion...

pfft ! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

i just cant see your prediction playing out, nasty_crash, the last thing the WWE needs is another two transitional champs before hhh takes the title again (and no doubt he will, sooner or later) think about it - austing had the last solid run - since him was jerichos 4 month disaster, hhh, hogan, taker, rock and as of about 3:45 tomorrow morning, brock - they need some stability and to build the status of the title back up to where it means something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dredz

A new Raven's flock?

I wish.....

Give it to RVD, he's the only talented main eventer they have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

as many people have already stated the wwe keeps going back over rivalrys which should have died off bout as long ago as hulkamania. one possability [which no doubt the wwe will ignore]
    would have brock win the belt at summerslam and then return to his rivalry with RVD that started just before the last king of the ring. anyone who saw these matches would agree that while they where entertaining the matches where never really given the time they deserved. i know that this rivalry wouldn't be the long term solution but it would be an interesting interval tillthey find a solution for a long term main eventer.
    another point i wanted to bring up was who agrees with me that wwe need to bring back jericho the way he was?
    i mean the chicken **** jericho is mildly entertaining but the way he was could have easily lead to main eventer status. just a thought let me know what your view is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Say what you like about the rock's lack of wrestling ability, it's Entertainment that keeps people watching pro wrestling more than the technical aspects of the matches. People want to watch whizz-bang action, or laugh at the rock talking crap at someone. Brock might be some brilliant amateur but people won't like him being champ even if he is better in the ring than johnston because....

HE'S BORING!!!

GOD IS HE BORING!!

*SPOILER*

HE IS BORING. I agree
    And now he's the new undisputed champion :(
    he is just so lifeless and lacking attitude, i hope angle wins the title back at unforgiven

Advertisement