Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chorus digital!!! Is it worth it?

• 24-08-2002 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if it is worth getting chorus digital.
    i can get the normal pack and sky sports 123 for 49.50 a month in two rooms. Well thats what i think she said. it seems like a good offer as i would have digital tv in two rooms and i would have utv and c4.
    Sky digital is 45 euro per month . one room only. no utv or C4.
    It would have lots more channels and interactive features but they are only gimmics anyway. like i've no interest in watching 50 shopping channels, 10 god channels and osama bin ladens channel al jazeera .
    So can anyone tell me if they are happy with chorus digital.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Just a few points.

Firstly I don't have Chorus Digital.

Secondly I no longer have Chorus non-digital (through choice)

Frmo what I've been told by the Chorus people the difference in picture quality is appreciably better with Chorus Digital than with their non-digital Intro package.

With regard to getting the channels in more than one room, Chorus have a significant advantage here. As far as I know the second outlet is still analog. It will certainly require a second decoder box - rented from them at a cost of about 6 euro monthly.

If you won't be watching the two TVs at the same time (or if you're happy to be watching the same channel on both at the same time) Sky is still an option with a digisender.

If you're not actually pushed about it being digital, the Chorus Intro package with the three sports channels tacked on will be cheaper than both.

All I can offer you wrt info.

I've a particular emnity for Chorus (based on experience) so I'd peraonally stay away from them unless there was really no other option available (getting FTV card for ITV/C4 is quite easy). While I was still a Chorus customer I stayed away from the digital package due to having to choose between VH1 and Paramount, neither of which I felt like doing without (Paramount is a free channel on the non-digital package, it's a paid-for added extra on digital & was in a different extra package to VH1).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

chorus have scrapped the idea having separate digital choices (tv1,2, 3) and they are all now bundled into 1 package like the ntl package but not as many channels as ntl. How i wish ntl were in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

With regard to getting the channels in more than one room, Chorus have a significant advantage here. As far as I know the second outlet is still analog

I can confirm that any additional outlets will be analog.

Besides Chorus's derisory customer service, I would strongly recommend you avoid their digital package on the basis of picture quality. It is pretty shoddy. Sometimes the pixels comprising the picture are as large as 1 square centimetre. Imagine zooming 8X into a JPEG which is full size at 1X, and you'll get the general idea. This isn't through any fault in my equipment as I've had everything replaced (ariel, decoder, cabling) and nothing has improved.

Advertisement