Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help identifying songs by lyrics - Pt 1

Options
  • 24-08-2002 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

These are a few of songs that had extensive airplay on Phantom FM round about 1999 - 2000. (Don't know if they still do, I've been out of touch with Phantom for a while). Some of the lyrics are really hard to decipher, so you'll have to forgive me if I only give you a snippet here and there. For most of the others, I've taken the lyrics from the 'chorus'.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the lyrics or even whether all of the artists are Irish....But, still, if people could make a stab at artist, song and album, I'd greatly appreciate it

1. (Female Vocal)

"I say hello to all the junkies; all the sinners and the creeps
    I say hello to all the people in this place
    I say hello to all the drunkheads; all the prostitutes and freaks
    I say hello to all the people in the world"

2. (Male, slow rap vocal, except for chorus which is female vocals)

" Look here brother, who you jiving with that Cosmic debris
    Look here brother, don't you waste your time on me"

3. (Male vocal)

"You know I really tried
    I've been a pillar of strength at your side
    You're a fundamentally lovable creature
    But you've got defects in your design"

4. (male vocal, slow, acoustic(ish) - I think it may be the Revenants but I'm not sure)

"I know it's getting early; maybe it's getting late
    Lean a little closer to me; till you sleep away"

5. Okay this is a hard one to describe. It's a male vocal. The songs just under 5 minutes long. The singer sings in this falsetto (I don't think it's Radiohead). There a four 4 line verses, no chorus. The start of each line is either a ling drawn out "Iiiiiiiiiiiiii" or "Ooooooooooo". The second half of the song is all instrumental - crunching guitars and drums. Here are jsut a few lines I think I managed to get out. Again, can't vouch for the accuracy.

"Picking apples from a tree
    Iiiiiiiii want an airplane
    Iiiiiii want to escape from the rain"

Thanx in advance for all the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Number 3 is "fundamentally loveable creature" by Blink
    It's from their first album "a map of the universe by blink"
    Hope this helps..not sure of the others,sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

i think number one is pj harvey. don't know the name o the song though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

2 is cosmic Debris by Frank Zappa which can be found on (')

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

no, number one is drugstore, i think. dunno the name of them song, but im pretty sure it's them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Hey,
    the first is actually Drugstore, off the latest album (which I don't know the title of....)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

Yeah 3 is Blink, Fundamentally Lovable Creature and 1 is drugstore - say hello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Thats weird I was actually lising to fundemently lovabe creatue as I was reading this sorry I cant help

Advertisement