Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ageold Monitor/res related problem.

• 24-08-2002 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,
    I never really ask stuff like this but Im really frustrated over this.

My monitor changes resolution all the time.

I restart and I get good old 1152x768, and the display settings allow for much more but thats the maximum before the monitor crashes.
    then other times the maximum allowed is 1024x768, crap!!

Im on windows, and this has been happening for ages, on different graphics cards.

I assume its related to windows reloading the driver everytime i restart, but I would really appreciate it if you could help.

any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

is your monitor a 'default monitor' ? or is it installed onto windows correctly?

If its been happening with other version of windows, i'd say its the monitor causing the problem.. is it designed to be giving them kind of resolutions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

yea,
    I got this monitor 2nd hand, so windows just slaps on the default driver and wont allow me to choose one unless I get my hands dirty in the windows directory, which id rather avoid.

thanks tho, Ill keep looking! This problem shall annoy me no more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

figured it out, for some reason, if i boot windows w/ the monitor turned on, i get crap resolution, then when I leave it off till its completely loaded, I get good ol high ones.

thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Advertisement