Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Thing

Options
  • 25-08-2002 5:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Not since Silent Hill has a computer game messed with my head so much. A team based surivial horror game with the added advantage of trying to keep your team memebers sane as well as alive. usually good licences like this are wasted but for once it pays off and its about time after computer artworks pile of poop that was evolva. get it one your pc, xbox or ps2 soon. its real good(damn drunken plugs) Shinji will cut this to shreds soon though....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

It's out?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

I heartley endorse this product or service!
    it looks amazing!

i also recommend you watch the film before you play the game, its one of the best films i've ever seen.

/edit its out on 20th of september :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well it was a class film, hope its s good game.

sounds like it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

It's out?

nope, not in europe. but there are certain advantages to having a family member return for the states with it in their bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I got it last week ,Installed it and walked to a room where some guys introduce them selves .
    Looks good need time to play it :(

kdja

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it's pretty good alright, not as spectacular as it's being made out to be tho'
    definitely want to see the film now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Shinji will cut this to shreds soon though....

Eh! It's a top game!

That said, I'd hang on for the Xbox or PS2 version. The PC version is exactly the same BUT it's bugged to shíte - loads of people having serious trouble with it, and it's not really designed for mouse control anyway, having that degree of aiming accuracy makes it pathetically easy and not very scary at all IMO. The fact that a lot of people find that the voice acting in cutscenes stops working about 40 minutes in doesn't help either, since it's very plot driven. Console versions will be the same but without the bugs....

Oh, and do watch the film first. This spoils the entire hook of the film, if you haven't seen it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

its not that bugged. the sound problems are fixed with the patch which came outh the day it was released(quick work). the only problems are that the scripting can somtimes miss triggers and you wander around doing nothing untill you restart a level. now all i need is 2 more mags and a few flares just more ammo aghhh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, the lack of ammo is pretty annoying:mad:
    one minute you have loads, the next you have none, then you find some more, then you use it all up... ad infinitum.
    it's the same with the medics and the medikits, one minute there's a medic healing you whenever you take the smallest bit of damage, then he turns into the thing (which as far as i can tell is scripted, not random) leaving you badly damaged with only 1 medikit...

Advertisement